Need HELP in MO

Mr. Smith

hi every one i am using MO and i was installing mods without knowing all the details about the installation guide so after then i noticed from a video on youtube that when he installed the mods he did a lot of things i didn`t now about the most two important things i noticed that :-

the first thing is :-
there was mods that didn`t have the data on top level and the he managed to fix it by clicking right click on the data and then set data directory. 
so i have understand that and i did this on the future mods 

the second thing is :-
there was overwrite option under the mods and he double clicked on it and open a new window that allows him to drag the overwrite files to the right mod and he does that to every mod that comes with that problem individually.
i noticed that my mods i have installed there is a symbol of yellow thunder which when i point at it it says overwrites files BUT the problem is i have installed many mods with this problem so there are many overwrites files in my overwrite option so i don`t know the right files of each mod if you understand what am saying 

so what to do in this case ? how should i fix this ? is this problem major i mean can i ignore this ?

i had an idea which i don`t know if it is the right thing to do..the idea is that i copy all the overwrite files to my data folder 
can i do this or is it wrong idea ?

if you are willing to help me of what is the right overwrite files of each mod i have then just ask me and i will give you a list of my mods and the overwrites files i have 

The thunder symbol means that the some files in the mod are being overwritten by a file below it. This is normal, as long as that is what you're after from the new mod. It will normally occur on texture improvement mods - where the higher resolution mod will replace lower quality textures in previous mods.

The order on the left pane is important, but not necessarily the same as the order in the right hand pane.

Not sure if you read it already: STEP Guide for MO (Seems very long, but it is VERY detailed and easily understandable)

The Thundersign just tells you that this mode has files that are overwritten by another mod (thunder with red -)

And the otherway around: Thunder with green + tells you that this mod has files that overwrite other mods and win the conflict. Meaning this mods files ends up ingame.

There is one more icon which is a combination of both.

Files inside "Overwrite" are not bad directly and can be left there. Especially if you only have one profile set up.

With 2 or more profiles you really need to sort out the overwrite directory because every profile uses the same Overwrite.

if you then use FNIS or Patchers like Reproccer/SUM/Dual Sheath Redux only one profile would work correctly ingame.  And we do not want to rerun each tool before playing on another profile.

By sorting files into mods (Manually, Create Mod or Sync to Mod) you put profile specific files out of the global Overwrite.

The thunder symbol means that the some files in the mod are being overwritten by a file below it. This is normal, as long as that is what you're after from the new mod. It will normally occur on texture improvement mods - where the higher resolution mod will replace lower quality textures in previous mods.

The order on the left pane is important, but not necessarily the same as the order in the right hand pane.

True, but some mods have data inside ESPs that corresponds to Files.

One very big example are Follower Face Mods: Left and Right need the same Order or faces will look weird.

hi every one i am using MO and i was installing mods without knowing all the details about the installation guide so after then i noticed from a video on youtube that when he installed the mods he did a lot of things i didn`t now about the most two important things i noticed that :-

the first thing is :-

there was mods that didn`t have the data on top level and the he managed to fix it by clicking right click on the data and then set data directory. 

so i have understand that and i did this on the future mods 

the second thing is :-

there was overwrite option under the mods and he double clicked on it and open a new window that allows him to drag the overwrite files to the right mod and he does that to every mod that comes with that problem individually.

i noticed that my mods i have installed there is a symbol of yellow thunder which when i point at it it says overwrites files BUT the problem is i have installed many mods with this problem so there are many overwrites files in my overwrite option so i don`t know the right files of each mod if you understand what am saying 

so what to do in this case ? how should i fix this ? is this problem major i mean can i ignore this ?

i had an idea which i don`t know if it is the right thing to do..the idea is that i copy all the overwrite files to my data folder 

can i do this or is it wrong idea ?

if you are willing to help me of what is the right overwrite files of each mod i have then just ask me and i will give you a list of my mods and the overwrites files i have 

Mr Smith!

I do not know what video you saw, but my best advice is that you watch gopher's MO video guides.

You will be a MO master by the time you finish watching them

Click here for Gopher's videos

Archived