Race & Gender height

Valgo

It is not really an issue but I wasn't sure where else to ask:

Is it possible to edit the general size of Races (each gender individually) with the Creation Kit?
If so: How hard is it to do? Do I just have to swap some numbers and I am good to go or is it more complicated.

If it is doable: How does it work? Are there any guides for this, admittedly, very specific function?

Or is there even a much easier way, namely a mod, to achieve that?

I appreciate every serious answer, maybe even non serious ones if they are amusing enough x)

Thanks in advance!

If you use the console command "setscale x" in the game, you will immediately see how it works. No problem resizing them, but every animation that interacts with objects or other characters will look silly. For example, you make an orc bigger (about 1,2) and he will no longer use the forge as he is supposed to. He will do the same animations, but being bigger makes him actually not interacting with the forge itself. He will be gripping the air. Same with chairs, riding, leaning on counter, all of the work tables, killcams, stocks, and naturally all the naughty animations that include another (smaller) character.

Setscale only works on the targets, but the effect is the same if you edited groups in CK. I'm sure CK can change sizes, as many follower mods have resized characters (most recent is the Sassy Teen Girls, who are adults resized to look smaller). Also, there are mods like Gender and Race Heights that does something similar to what you asked.

But I have yet to see anything that resizes characters and actually changes the animations to fit the new size. That would take tremendous work.

If you use the console command "setscale x" in the game, you will immediately see how it works. No problem resizing them, but every animation that interacts with objects or other characters will look silly. For example, you make an orc bigger (about 1,2) and he will no longer use the forge as he is supposed to. He will do the same animations, but being bigger makes him actually not interacting with the forge itself. He will be gripping the air. Same with chairs, riding, leaning on counter, all of the work tables, killcams, stocks, and naturally all the naughty animations that include another (smaller) character.

Setscale only works on the targets, but the effect is the same if you edited groups in CK. I'm sure CK can change sizes, as many follower mods have resized characters (most recent is the Sassy Teen Girls, who are adults resized to look smaller). Also, there are mods like Gender and Race Heights that does something similar to what you asked.

But I have yet to see anything that resizes characters and actually changes the animations to fit the new size. That would take tremendous work.

It can be modded where I've marked here -

attachicon.gifraceedit.jpg

Caveat - Any change to a race must be duplicated for the vampire version. eg BretonRace -> BretonRaceVampire

Thanks for the answers guys!

Archived