CBBE HDT physics not working with clothes/armor

dastaten

Hi all,

I sure hope one of you can help me. I've been trying like hell to get HDT physics working, and it works fine with nude bodies, but no bounce when they're wearing clothes or armor. I recently did a fresh install of the game, so the game and mods are all the latest versions.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong in BodySlide. I've tried selecting CBBE HDT as well as CBBE Body TBBP for the Outfit/Body with no luck. I've also tried selecting each of those as the 'output set' in the batch build. I'm also confused because when it runs the batch, I get a prompt window saying "The following sets will override the same files. Please decide which one to use and select it in the list below." There are always two or three options, usually one TBBP, one vanilla, and one that does't say 'TBBP' or 'Vanilla.'

Can someone tell me which selections to make so that the physics will affect the clothes and armor, please? If you need any more info from me, just let me know. I'll provide lists, screenshots, whatever you need. I've been working on this off and on for a few days now, and I don't know what else to try.

The physique changes I make to the body models take affect on nudes and clothed characters, but the physics only take affect on nudes.

Thanks,

Dorian

Hmm, therefor you must know, how armor in this game works: If you equip an armor, its meshes will change the place with the one of the body, so if armor is at one place, no body is there anymore, roughly said.

CBBE HDT only affects your nude character, because of that, HDT works fine when your PC is nude.

For the armor to be HDT enabled, take the following list, if the first is not present, take the second and so on: HDT -> TBBP -> BBP -> no name/Vanilla. Sometimes you have to choose directly on the Nexus, so there are different variants to download, sometimes you have different versions within the Bodyslide list, then you may only tick the appropriate one to avoid it to be overwritten.

Thanks for the tips, I got it working! I had a couple CBBE armor packs that I thought were HDT, but weren't, so I uninstalled them and installed Remodeled Armor for CBBE Bodyslide HDT instead. Then I generated the outfits with my slider presets in Bodyslide using Mister X's tip about filetype preferences, and bingo! I also found Bazinga's Naturalistic HDT jiggle and collisions XML set on this forum, and it's brilliant! I've tried several other custom physics XMLs, and they all had either too much bounce or too little, but Bazinga's is perfect. It really does give a natural effect. So I'm all set!

Thanks again for the help!

D

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived