Break Undies Plus for FO4 (AKA The Increasingly Nude Adventures of the Sole Survivor)

thegooglyman

Hello. I started working on a similar mod in notepad++, based on unequipping entire items from armor slots based on player HP using the OnHit function. However recently exams have come up so I'm not able to finish it any time soon, and it sound like you have a bigger skillset than me anyway. This is my first time modding so I'm not sure if it even works and I havent tested it, but you're welcome to integrate any part of it into you're mod if it proves useful.

strip.psc

I am super excited for a breaking armor mod. I personally prefer realistic armors and body proportions, but being Bodyslide compatible will certainly allow everyone to have their preferred bodies (even if I'm something of an idiot and have only the most basic idea of how bodyslide works).

• 4 weeks later...

Nightasy's "Hmm What To Wear" mod now has a feature that is essentially the Break Undies Light functionality from Skyrim, for NPCs and the player. By default it only works with the clothes items added by the mod, but it's relatively simple to add whichever armors and clothes you want by adding them to the Hmm_MasterLoot_List with the CK. (I haven't tested this thoroughly but it worked for some vanilla armors I tried briefly)

It simply removes the items when they "break", so no damaged meshes unfortunately. But it's a start.

The mod also has a function that swaps raiders clothes to the new HWTW outfits. I feel like something similar could be used to swap to the damaged armor(s) for BUP, but I literally downloaded the CK yesterday and don't know anything about scripting so... maybe this could help (if Nightasy is okay with people using their scripts for inspiration), maybe not.

Still looking forward to whatever you have planned, if the project is still being worked on.

Maybe the damaged meshes could just not have cloth physics? Like the cloth gets torn to shreds in the portion where physics are? I thought the physics were mainly in the parts around the legs, so if the damaged meshes are skimpified maybe that'll become less of an issue?

• 5 months later...

Archived