Can someone with 3ds max export this into a .nif?

gooboo

I've been seeing some posts where people are getting their .nifs into Fallout 4 compatible bodies with 3ds max. I don't have 3ds max, nor can I really get it cheaply since I'm not a student, so can someone be so kind as to try to upload this body into 3ds max and convert it to a .nif that can be used in the game? I would greatly appreciate it. 

I exported it into a .3ds file from Blender. If it needs to be another file type just let me know and I'll re upload it. Thanks!

NORAbody.rar

I am having problem just opening the Vault 111 nif into blender.

I really dont understand all this process, either, trying to learn by doing some simple edits like paint it differently or remove/change some sections just to see what I can do... I cant even open the damn file. lol

Tried Nifscope and I get a Header error "failed to load file header (version 14020007, 20.2.0.7)" no explanation either and Nifscope looks like something made in early 2000. Really overwhelming.

When importing to 3ds max it says "Improper file format".

are you using the latest 3ds max?

EDIT: Im using maya LT 2016 and still get the same error. I think it could be due to the missing texture. 

Using 3ds max 2016 here ;)

gooboo could you please upload the blender file rather than the exported 3ds file and we can find a way around this.

Is this a Fallout 4 compatible .nif? i was able to open it in my current version of Nifskope, and I haven't updated it yet to open up Fallout 4 files. 

Good point. Having looked back at it I exported it for Skyrim which will most likely not work with Fallout 4. I don't have the option in 3ds Max to export it as a nif for Fallout 4. Can anyone link me it if there is one?

Does anyone want to try this out in-game? I don't actually have Fallout 4 installed right now, and my computer won't finish installing it until sometime tomorrow. Probably should have installed it before making this thread, lol. 

Lol, I'll try it out now.

Just as a heads up, the 3ds max plugin isn't complete.  The bsdimember stuff are just a bunch of numbers and letters (not really usuable until they're...decoded).  As such, I think custom bodies at the moment won't either dismember or morph properly.  That's just a guess though.  I'm not able to fully test it until I get back from the holiday.

There's also an issue where the neck and wrists won't line up properly so you'll get a small seam at those locations...

Just as a heads up, the 3ds max plugin isn't complete.  The bsdimember stuff are just a bunch of numbers and letters (not really usuable until they're...decoded).  As such, I think custom bodies at the moment won't either dismember or morph properly.  That's just a guess though.  I'm not able to fully test it until I get back from the holiday.

There's also an issue where the neck and wrists won't line up properly so you'll get a small seam at those locations...

Or just f**k up completely

r1s632G.jpg

Lol, that's not very sexy.

Leito, I saw in your thread you were able to export your body into Fallout 4. How did you do that? 

Or just f**k up completely

r1s632G.jpg

I took a look at the nif.  It's not working because it doesn't have any skinning and skeleton data.

How did you get the skinning and skeleton data for your model? How did you import the vanilla bodymesh file into 3ds max? Could you or someone else post a vanilla bodymesh file that has the skeleton/skinning data attached to it that I can open in Blender?

I think the problem might be I used a file that wasn't converted through Nifskope properly, so all of the weight data I need might not be there. 

Lol, that's not very sexy.

Leito, I saw in your thread you were able to export your body into Fallout 4. How did you do that? 

The process is the same as creating bodies or clothing for Skyrim with 3ds Max.  The only exception is the body uses a new bs modifier.  You'll have to open up the a vanilla body to figure out what it is as I can't at the moment.

Once the body is exported as a nif, you'll have to copy over the BSLightingShaderProperty from the vanilla body to your new nif.  It may also help to make sure the names for the NiNode, BSSubIndexTriShape, BSLightingShaderProperty in your new nif matches the vanilla.

How did you get the skinning and skeleton data for your model? How did you import the vanilla bodymesh file into 3ds max?

Nightasy made a few Skyrim clothing tutorials that goes over that.  You may want to watch the first few videos in the series to get an idea of the process.

So far, given my searching all over and asking ppl like Caliente and Ony, Calyps, 2Pac, and lots of others, there is no Blender nif export plugin yet, the 3ds imp/exp for 2016 I verified doesn't work, and NifSkope 2015-12-14 blows but there's an author that has written more code for an actual working NifSkope, he has yet to respond...maybe he actually is having a nice Xmas, I hope so.

As far as I can tell from a broad search of the available tools there is nothing that converts to the current standard EXCEPT the group working with CBBE.  That I could find.  They have access to NifSkope devs I think.

So for now, we can pull out, but not put in.  Just like my real life.

Archived