Invisible armors / characters

bearcano

Hey there,

So I've got my Skyrim running pretty well.  The only issue I've run into lately is that some armors seem to be missing.

I took a screenshot.  You can see two characters here have invisible armors (the girl on the right of the screen, and the woman in the background (behind my character's head).  So they're just floating heads, hands, and feet for the most part.

ujoIW5L.png

As you can see, I checked their armor to see what they were supposed to be wearing.  In this case, it's a Miners Clothing, but it's not the only one missing.  It has a "BAD EDITOR ID", but so do the boots and gloves and they're still visible somehow.  I especially seem to have a problem with females, guards and adventurers in particular.  I actually ran into a completely invisible guard, which really sucks when you have a bounty :(

Anyway, I took a look in TESedit.  Here's where I need help, because I am really not familiar with how this all works.

s1Gecqb.png

So it seems that the "Big UNPB Collection" mod is the last to overwrite it.  It makes sense that this would be the issue because the missing armors have all (that I've seen) been on females.  I've also seen a missing "grey robe" somewhere else in the game too.

"Big UNPB Collection" is a merged mod that I made from a ton of UNPB armors and stuff so I could make room for other mods.  Is there a way I can fix the references/missing data without reinstalling all of those mods separately?  Any other things to look at?

I really appreciate any help!

Usually invisible body from armors means that there are missing meshes, if it is pink/blue it's missing textures.

If u can find those missing meshes from the original mod and place them in the correct merged folder it should work,

alternatively u could find another replacer mod for the armor that's missing meshes and overwrite with that.

-If there are missing meshes there are also a good chance the textures are missing, specially if u did the copying of folders manually. 

Okay, so looking at the files in TESedit, I could see that the filenames didn't match.  At some point it got changed to varfminerclothes or whatever.

I changed the value to minerclothesf_1.nif and it fixed that model.

Two questions now:

- Why did that happen?  Mod conflict when merging mods?  Some other issue?  Is there any way to avoid it?

- Does using the minerclothesf_1 as the reference mean that everybody who wears that armor will have a weight of 1 while wearing it?  Or will they use their appropriate variable weight?

I'm not sure how to answer your first question but your second question you kind of answered it yourself. _0 is the min weight and _1 is the max. So, yes, at 0 weight _0 is worn and at the max weight _1 is worn. If there is a variable weight for the NPC they will wear the armor at the proper variable weight.

Archived