Alt-Tab problems

bytion

I have hear this problem a lot, but never had that in my old PC, but after I switch to a new PC and start using MO instead of NMM, it happens on my game too.

Once I alt-tab out the game, I can't go back in, it stuck at a black window with background sounds still on, when I was using my old PC, alt-tab back in twice usually fix that, but it won't work now.

I search a lot on this, but none of them seem to have a real fix for this.

I uninstall nearly all the mods, no helps at all, try different setting, still fucked.

My new PC spec 

E3 1231 v3

MSI 970

Asus b85 pro gamer

16 gb kingston fury ram

M4 500GB SSD

no overclocking at all

Skyrim doesn't supporting "alt-tabbing". You can only fix this by using mods like the various "Fake Fullscreen" mods, or if you use ENB/ENBoost you can simply change these 2 lines in enblocal.ini from FALSE to TRUE:

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
Note that for some people (like me), this can totally murder your game performance and loading times if you use an extremely performance-hungry ENB and graphic mods setup. In most cases it should actually give you a few FPS more and decrease loading times.

I used to have that black screen and sounds as well only difference is that I was patience enough to wait a little more and the screen could recover, either the image recovered or it CTD, think it also had another trick like having to alt+tab and click on skyrim to get back and if I heard the soundtack playing I think it was going to try to recover. Now I use something like guk said but it's another software that removes the borders in the windows of the executables and position the image so it feels like it's fullscreen, btw the name of it it's borderless windowed if you want to give it a try.

Yes, you're both right.

Waiting is not the right thing to do while having the black screen and not seeing anything. Once you "alt-tabbed" your way back into the game and only see a black screen, you need to do it again. (so alt-tab right into the game once) Then it'll recover - that of course might take a moment.

I personally by now switched to borderless fullscreen with the help of ENB as well, which works best for me.

I used to have that black screen and sounds as well only difference is that I was patience enough to wait a little more and the screen could recover, either the image recovered or it CTD, think it also had another trick like having to alt+tab and click on skyrim to get back and if I heard the soundtack playing I think it was going to try to recover. Now I use something like guk said but it's another software that removes the borders in the windows of the executables and position the image so it feels like it's fullscreen, btw the name of it it's borderless windowed if you want to give it a try.

That way use to work on my game, but not for now, I can hear the sound playing but never recover.

I serious suggest AGAINST alt+tabing Skyrim. But if you want to try it....its your funeral.

Alt+tab and do your thing. If you alt+tab again and you see a black sreen, click on the windows key and select another window (I dont know, the browser maybe). Now alt+tab again to skyrim. Sometimes I even had to open the Task Manager and close it, alt+tab a few more times and eventually it worked..

BUT. 

If you alt+tab out of skyrim, when you (eventually) alt+tab back in, The movement speed is screwed. There is a small pause every second or so. To fix this you must alt+tab again until it goes away. That problem manages to stay in your game even if you save, close and reload. 

Archived