Ygnord-Race with Race Menu

Alan47

Hey guys,

maybe this has been asked before, but Google let me down on this one. I'd like to give the "Ygnord" race a shot that comes with ECE, mostly for asthetic reasons. However, I'm a race menu user and I want to keep using race menu.

So... is there a way to use Ygnord together with race menu? Is there a standalone version of the race? Can the racial character presets for Ygnord be used in Race Menu too?

Thanks,

Alan

I was using ECE and Racemenu together long time ago, I could save the ygnord presets as racemenu presets wihout any problems. Then just uninstalled ECE, made an own custom race and used the ygnord Racemenu preset. Works like a charm. Look at my undead girl, she was born this way. She was a ygnord originally :P

If you want the same results you will have to use the same headmesh and morphs from ECE's ygnord for your custom race.

Hi,

okay thanks for the hint :)  So basically you installed ECE and then you overwrite the menu itself by installing Race Menu afterwards? (Or in MO, you simply drag Race Menu to be loaded after ECE?)  I tried that, and it *seems* to work, kind of. I can select the Ygnord race in Race Menu, but the presets are all looking like... really REALLY ugly xD  Nothing like in the screenshots I've seen online. They are not technically wrong (i.e. no bugs), they just look a lot more like normal nord and not very young at all. Any clue what might be going on? Am I missing some other related / required mods?

Hi,

okay thanks for the hint :)  So basically you installed ECE and then you overwrite the menu itself by installing Race Menu afterwards? (Or in MO, you simply drag Race Menu to be loaded after ECE?)  I tried that, and it *seems* to work, kind of. I can select the Ygnord race in Race Menu, but the presets are all looking like... really REALLY ugly xD  Nothing like in the screenshots I've seen online. They are not technically wrong (i.e. no bugs), they just look a lot more like normal nord and not very young at all. Any clue what might be going on? Am I missing some other related / required mods?

The Ygnord is not a Young Nord race, it is just the name is all. It is ECE's own custom race. You put your own textures and meshes in the folders and it reads it automatically to give you a race of your own custom making.

If you want a young Nord race, you'll have to actually add your own meshes and textures to the specified folder to give you that look. Otherwise, it's just a regular race on it's own that uses the basic Nord setup.

ECE doesn't have overlay functions like RaceMenu does, so to compensate, ECE has it's own custom race that you can stylize yourself to have a different look from all the other npcs. Say for instance, you wanted tattoos and tanlines and freckles while using UNP body, but you wanted everyone else to use regular textures on a Sevenbase body. That is what the Ygnord Race is for. For you to have your own personalized custom race with all the things you like, without affecting other npcs. It is just like using any other custom race mod. This one is just designed for you to customize it the way you see fit.

On it's own, it is just a basic Nord.

And I wouldn't recommend using ECE with RaceMenu. They aren't compatible anymore together. Older versions used to work fine together, but they still disabled a lot of features. Using them together now would cause more problems than it is worth. Stick to either ECE or RaceMenu, not both.

• 4 months later...

hello, sorry to resurrect this thread but would it work if we just take the yngnord folder and use it without ECE ? that's what i'm doing right now and it seems to work. i just have a problem with some enemies flagged as essential but well...

AFAIK one of the 2 parts of ECE is fully RM compatible.

Try leaving EnhancedCharacterEdit enabled, and disable CharacterMakingExtender.

If that doesn't work, try the other way round (ECE off, CME on).

This is just from memory so no guarantees.

Archived