Companion Selene Kate abandoned :(

Nasseliten

This mod was sadly abandoned by the author.

This is one of the most complex, fun and powerful companions out there and I'm very sad to see the creator gone.

He writes on his page that:

If you need any kind of permission for my work, no permission is required. Just give proper credits and link to original mod.

Would anyone here be interested in continuing his work?

I just thought I would put this out there since the mod is so amazing and has lots of potential to be even greater.

• 2 months later...

Same here Selene Kate was my favorite companion...We need the files =( 

are they hard to find?

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr/skyrim/mods/personnages/compagnons/selene_kate_%28unp%29

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr/skyrim/mods/personnages/compagnons/selene_kate_%28unp%29

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr/skyrim/mods/personnages/compagnons/selene_kate_%28lb%29

that's the french version because that's the second link of skyrim selene kate in google.fr

I have never understood the mantality of some mod authors that insist on pulling all their mods down just because they don't mod anymore. It just hurts the modding comunity and makes people angry at the mod maker. It would make more sense to just leave the mods up and make a notice on each mod that they are no longer being activly updated and are no longer supported. Also make the stipulation that if someone wants to continue the work they can but all credit must be given to the original author. That way everyone is happy and the mod author doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

Wait they aren't modding anymore so they took it down? >_< it sucks cuz I couldn't download Tania and Selene as backup

:/ I should of I didn't realize it would end up to this. This sucks.

If theres a way to get it in english I would be so grateful. I need both of them if possible >_<

I still have both Selene Kate v1.6.0 CBBE and Tania v3.5 on my computer (they're english and pretty sure those are the last versions, no?).
The thing is I resized all Tania's 2k-4k body/cloth textures (manually) to 1024x1024 ARGB 8bpp 'cause my pc is rather weak, and I don't keep the original textures.
Selene's files are untouched though.

I could upload it tonight if you want, 'cause I have to wait until my bigger midnight data plan to be activated (i'm poor! lol)
.....unless, somebody beat me to it.

I still have both Selene Kate v1.6.0 CBBE and Tania v3.5 on my computer (they're english and pretty sure those are the last versions, no?).

The thing is I resized all Tania's 2k-4k body/cloth textures (manually) to 1024x1024 ARGB 8bpp 'cause my pc is rather weak, and I don't keep the original textures.

Selene's files are untouched though.

I could upload it tonight if you want, 'cause I have to wait until my bigger midnight data plan to be activated (i'm poor! lol)

.....unless, somebody beat me to it.

Omg if you could put either one would be tremendously grateful! I still couldn't find any copies and no one hosts them on any sites other than different languages which neither works with my english game >_<

Omg if you could put either one would be tremendously grateful! I still couldn't find any copies and no one hosts them on any sites other than different languages which neither works with my english game >_<

Alright then, is it okay to just post the links here?

because if it's not then i'll just gonna pm any of you who want it.

Alright then, is it okay to just post the links here?

because if it's not then i'll just gonna pm any of you who want it.

It should be fine to link to downloads such as mega.nz or just attach the files.

BTW, if anyone also has the other body versions please let us know! It is very much appreciated!

@serenadea ok screw this, i'm done fighting with my connection.

You might have to download that french version by yatol afterall, I only upload everything except 3 folders: meshes, textures, and music.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Jc1iABSB!nFdDwfqABs3CyOzMr6wLdStqtzmT78xKApRbVqZH7VU

let me know if something's wrong.

Well doesnt Selene Kate have custom folders for meshes and textures? She never had the same body or textures as my main body/textures i was using without changing them.

Well doesnt Selene Kate have custom folders for meshes and textures? She never had the same body or textures as my main body/textures i was using without changing them.

I don't know, I've never tried any other body types of selene. Have you download that french version yet?

Just extract the bsa (if it's in bsa) and overwrite its files with my upload. Switching body type is just as easy as copying meshes from other mods and change its texture path with nifskope.

I have never understood the mantality of some mod authors that insist on pulling all their mods down just because they don't mod anymore. It just hurts the modding comunity and makes people angry at the mod maker. It would make more sense to just leave the mods up and make a notice on each mod that they are no longer being activly updated and are no longer supported. Also make the stipulation that if someone wants to continue the work they can but all credit must be given to the original author. That way everyone is happy and the mod author doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

This seemed to be exactly what the author did at first, so seeing the files actually vanish astonished me a little. Not sure what happened there. Then again, it's Nexus and the Nexus crowd is weird like that.

Archived