[Req]/[Idea]"Snap on Tools" for critters

Cyndi

Just an idea, since people seem to be requesting a "nudesuit" function for critters.

Think immersion wise: say someone is using a fancy mod, turns all bears into pandas.  Panda gets called into an "event" and suddenly its a cave bear, since you made a nudesuit for bears.

I thought, since lots and lots of people use various mods for their monsters, like Immersive creatures, skymomod even tropical skyrim etc, that it might be easier to make a sort of "strap-on mod" for creatures.

This way, any custom creatures wouldn't suddenly turn into something else during the act, and would just get uhm.. err... equipped. 

I've tested a few things out, and creatures can equip things, they just need to have appropriately set race entries in the armor add-on, and "armor" itself. I think the only real trouble might be the number of entries,  I didn't test a whole lot just enough to kill the 5/10 mins waiting for the coffee maker...  so It might actually need an entry/item for each specific race. Before you say "well duh" I mean if you look at just canine races for example as far as the ck is concerned there are actually 9 or 10 of them counting dlc's.

ref:

`wolf

`dog

`wolfspirit

`armorhusky

`armoredhuskycompanion

`armoredhuskybare

`armoredhuskybarecompanion

`deathhound

`deathhoundcompanion 

etc etc

What I tried: 

I borrowed the uhm....  "sausage and beans" off of a wolf from one of the extra packs kicking around here, and made an armor/armor add-on slotted to slot 55 (so as to not make slot 32 body disappear or be unequipped) and set for a deathhound.  Loaded up the game, summoned up a critter from momod that the game considers a deathhound and then console equipped said critter with aforementioned doughnuts, and viola... or some such, it worked fine.

I haven't actually played through the vamp side of DG yet, so I had no idea which deathhounds counted as companions to test with the "deathhoundcompanion" race yet, to see if they could use the same armor entry or not, but the AA itself would be fine, since I had added entries for both critters.

It's just a matter of setting up an item for each type of critter; then getting a script that detects which critter is involved, picks the correct thing, and tells said critter to equip/unequip it. The models themselves are essentially already there in various modder's resources kicking about LL, they just need to be separated out with nifskope.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you'd expect me to pop into this or find it, but I appreciate the work done in messing with this - my work has been a resource for people to do exactly this with! ;)

I've been tempted to look at the finer points of how to get this to work game-wide. I think you could change the loot table/default carried items for all dogs in game, including the deathhounds, as a way for all canine species to have the genitalia armour. It's just getting them to wear it at the appropriate time, that would be the trick. And I think you could just add a line to the sex script to equip the genitalia, before sex starts. Maybe the command has a Race check, to make sure it's the canine character getting selected to equip the genitalia, before sex starts.

Lots of fiddly stuff, but it is something that could make a great mod in the future.

Amusingly enough actually I seem to recall there being an early mod that had two stages of genitalia for creatures, and they switched between for a certain period of time from a spell/script. I do not have that handy to tinker with, however. So it'd require some hunting around. CreatureTest or something like that, I think it was called. Had some kinda-odd looking genitalia for most, but the horse genitalia was okay, and went from being flaccid to flared when triggered.

Something to consider!

Archived