[Idea] Using the decal system for cum effect?

mainfct

Has someone considered using the decal system for cum effect? The current implementation in SL which use the membrane shader method is simple but has 2 major drawbacks:

1) there can only be 1 shader displayed at a time. And texture have to be made from every object they are displayed onto.

2) they suffer from absence of normal map which make then shine in the dark like most spell effects.

The decal system use texture and normal map, can be projected onto any object, decal can be set to stay visible a long time and many can be displayed at once. 

I'm not an artist so it would take me a lot of time to produce the decal art but the system itself can easily be set up in game and hooked into SL I think. Has it been considered already?

Has someone considered using the decal system for cum effect? The current implementation in SL which use the membrane shader method is simple but has 2 major drawbacks:

1) there can only be 1 shader displayed at a time. And texture have to be made from every object they are displayed onto.

2) they suffer from absence of normal map which make then shine in the dark like most spell effects.

The decal system use texture and normal map, can be projected onto any object, decal can be set to stay visible a long time and many can be displayed at once. 

I'm not an artist so it would take me a lot of time to produce the decal art but the system itself can easily be set up in game and hooked into SL I think. Has it been considered already?

Ashal is currently working on that feature for SexLab 1.2 so that we can have multiple overlays of cum effects.

This is not what he's doing. The feature he's planning on adding is to use the membrane shader wrapped into a spell (instead of directly). This will make it possible to detect which one is applied and apply a different one that contains multiple cum position. However, this method still suffers from all the drawback I mentioned.

hmmm ..

i think one way to use an advanced and better cum effect is nioverride used by racemenu.

drawbacks:

1. applied cum may delete things like tattoos you may have applied on a npc or your avatar.

2. cum effects are dependend of the used body.

Moin

Oli

@oli3d: I suppose the only main (only) advantage of the method in your previous post would be the use of the body normal maps. I'm really not familiar with nioverwrite but I think, from the existing tatoo and other body effect, that they can't use their own normal maps. This method would only solve the glow in the dark problem that the membrane shader has.

The advantage of the decal is that they use their own normal maps. Although I don't recall seeing blood spatter with bumps displayed on bodies (it always appear flat). The bumps appear on the ground or other surface. I may be mistaken here and that's why I threw the idea around. Anyway, thank for the input

Archived