Tale of Two Wastelands

Daguy

So, does anyone here use it, and can I ask some specific questions?

First, can you choose which game to 'start' in? That was always an issue for me in Requiem, that you start in NV. If I start, I want to start at the beginning.

Second, how do mods for each game work? Will 'Mothership Zeta Crew' and its many additions work? Can I basically install mods for 'each' game, and have them work? Or do they have to be especially re-worked and/or built for New Vegas?

Third, since it seems to be still Alpha, is there a link that goes into any annoying or game-breaking bugs?

I'm really tempted by it, to use sexout in FO3, but the fact of things is I have both games tweaked to my liking and games of FO3 in progress. The clean install of NV and change of engine for FO3 is a big step if i'm still unhappy overall. In general i'm only interested in combining them for Sexout, and the ability to take my Mojave PC to the Zeta, and Point Lookout. Companions to and from each. To allow race mods, like the Liara race, to go to Megaton. Basically i'm not just interested in cross-gaming... I'd like cross modding too, and I'm having problems finding if the current version supports that.

I'd like people to share their experiances, if they would be kind enough?

First, no. You take a train back and forth. but you always start in capital wasteland for story reasons. ie taking the train makes 9 years go by for the vault 101 kid and they become a courier which makes more sense than the courier goes back in time and becomes a baby.

Second, get patched mods from the TTW official site, there are some on nexus but they get less testing from people who know what they're doing so I wouldn't trust them.

Third, they iron out bugs on the forum and make patches. Most got ironed out last update.

In my experience the mod doesn't crash with it in a vanilla state. It gains some of its crashes back if you add stuff like a bunch of scripted sexout mods to the game but only in the mojave where they are active they wont effect the capital wasteland.

ps: there is pretty much no sexout content that can be used in the capital wasteland. You can use mods that force sex like rapekey and onces that add dialog trees like strapon but tryout level content isn't in it.

TTW is for game stability if you crap it out with dirty and heavy scripted mods there isn't much point to using it.

I'm really tempted by it, to use sexout in FO3, but the fact of things is I have both games tweaked to my liking and games of FO3 in progress. The clean install of NV and change of engine for FO3 is a big step if i'm still unhappy overall. In general i'm only interested in combining them for Sexout, and the ability to take my Mojave PC to the Zeta, and Point Lookout. Companions to and from each. To allow race mods, like the Liara race, to go to Megaton. Basically i'm not just interested in cross-gaming... I'd like cross modding too, and I'm having problems finding if the current version supports that.

I'd like people to share their experiances, if they would be kind enough?

It worked for me. I was able to use some of the lighter mods in FO3 mostly ones that had basic conversation hooks like Hookup and Strapon etc. None of the heavier mods. However with using some Hud mods it was very slow going to MCM. I finally decided myself that it currently isn't worth having TWW running. I can do just as good with the mods available for both.

If your mods are set up great for your game play leave them. Do yourself a favor and just leave it alone. Nobody is talking about the Plugin Limit that you can quickly reach with running mods from two games. For some very basic mods you might do better learning how to port the lighter mod to FO3 and vice a versa. Don't get me wrong. It was cool coming from FO3 into FNV with a greater than 20 level already and massive perks. A little overpowered at that time but OK. I just got board with the TWW.

If you will try it anyway make sure you make a good backup of your game folders and saves so that you can return back to the way you were before.

Archived