clothes collisions problem

itasky

hello

there is anyway to avoid clothes disappearing when colliding with body parts?

i am using 3d studio max and nifskope to create boxers just for fun but some area of boxers dissapear when colliding with legs..

Assuming that the boxers are fine in your 3d modeling program' date=' you'll get that effect if the boneweighting on the clothing mesh doesn't properly reflect the boneweighting on the body mesh.

I can't help you with improving Boneweighting in Max. In Blender, I've written an updated boneweight copy script that does a very nice job of accurately copying boneweights between different meshes.

I have no idea if the Max equivalent will do the job (the default Blender boneweight copier didn't)

so i removed the hidden body parts but now it renders on game all messy

2013012000011.jpg

i thinks something is wrong with "BSDismemberSkin" that i did'nt add on boxers in my previous attempt

Now if i copy "BSDismemberSkin" from the main body and past to the mesh, then 3dstudio will crash when export to NIF

if i add a new "BSDismemberSkin" with only "torso" and then edit it in Nifskope turning to 32-BODY, it's still all messy

torsod.jpg

weights3.jpg

body32.jpg

i am getting crazy

i also read that 3dstudio will crash if i use more than 1 texture on the same mesh, and actually i am using 3 (2 png for the label DIESEL and 1 jpg for the fabric), and i don't know how to turn them in 1 texture file.

The weighting on them is terrible you need to redo them' date=' it has nothing to do with BSDismemberSkin.

Are you using skin wrap or just copying them from the body?

[/quote']

copying them from the body.. and i don't know how to do that..

First add the skin wrap modifier

1-1_zpse5e7e6e0.png

Then click "add" and pick the appropriate part of the body you need to get weights from. (you can have more than 1 in the list)

2-1_zpsff6ec7e6.png

change the deformation engine to face.

3-1_zpsfbddd240.png

Put a check in the weight all points box and click "convert to skin".

4_zps1cdfce50.png

well i reloaded the body, removed the unwanted part hidden by the clothes, copied and past the skin modifier from the body and the envelope weights looks fine now.. i think i made something wrong that made the weights messy

now i test in game

edit

looks fine, fixed the clipping issue

now there is something wrong with the textures reflection: the back label looks fine, while the front label looks shiny..

i used the same texture (fron and back)

2013012100005.jpg

2013012100006u.jpg

Archived