Restore a savegame?

Shinobi7

Is there a way to fix a corrupt save or restore a deleted one?

Oblivion just crashed on me (with windows "ding"?) during a savegame and unfortunately I'd just cleared up the savegame list....

I'm looking in the documents/oblivion/saves folder and there are a few quicksaves i'd deleted that maybe i could restore, but i don't know how to make them appear again. Anybody? Please?

Sorry, quicksaves are a no go. You should have them disabled as they go corrupt 90% of the time. You need to either learn to make periodic manual full saves (hit escape and select "new save") or get a utility like streamline that will make periodic autosaves for you (you can tweak how often it saves and when). The neat thing about streamline is it doesn't get corrupted and rather than fill up your game with hundreds of saves it will make a set number (default is 15) and then start over and overwrite as it goes.

You should always keep a manual save outside of your saves folder to fall back on "just in case".

You can try checking in your recycle bin to see if it is still in there (your saves) but if it is gone then you a probably screwed.

Sorry. :(

First of all, you'll need two files: "save*.ess" and OBSE's co-save "samename.obse" in most cases.

You can try using some kind of file undelete software, but in this case i STRONGLY recommend to stop using a hard disk that was used to store your deleted saves. Every write operation on this disk lowers the chances to restore the deleted files.

Also, are you using teh mighty "Recycle Bin"©?

Archived