Matching Re-Joined Meshes

So recently I embarked on a little project from a Friend of mine. Now I was using another version of the sui cup body which was not cut very well so I recut it but now that I tried to join it, it no longer looks right like you can clearly see how it was originally cut and when game it looks bad too cause you can see like these cuts while playing if you look at it in certain lights.

My question is how would I get them to match like they should.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

So recently I embarked on a little project from a Friend of mine. Now I was using another version of the sui cup body which was not cut very well so I recut it but now that I tried to join it' date=' it no longer looks right like you can clearly see how it was originally cut and when game it looks bad too cause you can see like these cuts while playing if you look at it in certain lights.

My question is how would I get them to match like they should.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

[/quote']

I'd use my Seam Mender script

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12378

Separate the two parts into separate meshes (in edit mode, hit 'p'), make sure that any vertices that you want to merge are selected, select both meshes, and run seam mender.

Once that's done, join the meshes, tab into edit mode, hit 'w' and select 'remove doubles'.

Archived