Rock-It Launcher

Convolution

Cross-posted to sites where I've been hosting FO3NV. Since I have not spent time on FO3NV lately and may not get to version 7, I am releasing this separately.

Disclaimer: this mod is provided as-is and was tested on a clean install of Fallout: New Vegas for basic functionality. Extended usage or compatibility with other mods is not guaranteed.

This is a port of the Fallout 3 Rock-It Launcher to New Vegas.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jb5iv7zlp7lyf23

Screenshot:

2012092200001t.jpg

Contents of readme included with mod:

Summary

-------

This is a port of the Fallout 3 Rock-It Launcher to New Vegas. One can be found next to the workbench outside of Chet's store in Goodsprings, and more can be crafted at the workbench with the necessary repair skill and materials.

Requirements

------------

RockItLauncherNV only requires the base Fallout: New Vegas game. No additional mod or DLC is required.

Install

-------

Copy the contents of the Data folder to your New Vegas data folder.

Notes

------

The Rock-It Launcher as is does not target in V.A.T.S. For other modders: you can make it target in V.A.T.S., but it is quirky. I could not provide an elegant way to support V.A.T.S., so I did not provide the player with the item they need to do so.

The Rock-It Launcher uses the original Fallout 3 list of miscellaneous items. The only new item added from Fallout: New Vegas is the golden gecko egg, which was added to fix an issue with the formlist to allow the Rock-It Launcher to reload.

Credit

------

No credit is claimed for this work, and no restrictions are placed on it. You can do with it what you want.

A big thanks is given to Bethesda for the Mothership Zeta DLC, because its DLC setup scripting helped figure out how to make the Rock-It Launcher reload in Fallout: New Vegas.

Technical notes for other modders:

The problem with the Rock-It Launcher was not the fact that its ammo formlist has MISC records in it. The real problem was that the first item in the list (index position 0) was not an ammo record. With an ammo record placed first in the list the game and the GECK have no issue with the rest of the items in the formlist being MISC records. That brings up the next issue. The game and GECK won't crash, but now the Rock-It Launcher container menu won't display when the player reloads. Using scripting to add one new MISC record to the formlist in-game with the command addformtoformlist fixes that, and the Rock-It Launcher now works (well, kinda works in V.A.T.S.). Thank you Mothership Zeta for showing the solution to that.

Archived