Holly and "dates" in games

Danest

Anyone wonder why the sole survivor has to reject Holly?  It's not necessarily because she's a ghoul, considering the other.... beings that the sole survivor can say "yes" to.  The "I'm getting over my spouse" is a lie because you can say it while standing next to your lover.  Bethesda laziness, some might suggest?  A fade to black wouldn't have been complicated at all.
And Holly technically asked,"would you DATE a ghoul" which I briefly and naively actually thought meant that Bethesda was about to allow for a unique social experience in the game - an actual "date" as opposed to a fade to black.  
I was trying very hard to immerse myself in the game, more so than the writers expected or wanted I think.  But my sole survivor had basically been desperately searching living remnants of the past world.  A ghoul is one possibility.  Hancock is a ghoul, sure, but he's like a knife-wielding pirate ghoul, not really representative of pre-war company. ;) 
So I wonder why?
Speaking of that, actually having a date in a social game would be interesting if it were well written.  Choose a venue/location/theme for the date, maybe try to get the right gift, small talk, questions, conversation topics, activities ... any of those things could end up dull, or incompatible, so theoretical date Holly wouldn't be a "sure thing."  ;) It's the charm and often the little moments, and not the shooting, that attracts me to these games most of all. Any game can have shootin'.  

Yeah, a genuine "date" roleplaying "quest" that could, but doesn't have to end in sex or just building affinity.  For best quality results, there ought to be at least two date choices, with varying degrees of affinity. 
It might be hard to use a companion in the mod due to the voices, but still cool, because Cait and Piper for instance would have very different concepts of a good date.    
Minor characters like Holly could probably be re-voiced if a mod was made about them. Ghoul voices aren't that distinct from each other that a new voice actor would stand out terribly.  
I've googled and it seems plenty of other people have also wondered why sex/romance with Holly was "fenced off" inexplicably.  It really is a mystery.  All I can think is that different writers were in charge of different characters, because the sole survivor is not strictly against unusual sexual partners. 
In games when we romance a woman they're always reasonably-to-super pretty with perfect bodies, generally.  A female with a *cough* less than perfect face as a romance would be almost refreshing.  And somehow, I liked Holly, confident enough to ask, kind enough to accept refusal, etc.  More human than I'm used to for minor characters in a Bethesda world. 

Archived