Small Scripting Syntax Help

CrimsonOmegaLance

my Script:

This is a script on a door. Basically what it's supposed to do is change the teleport destination on the door so you can't leave the area until you do a certain part of the quest. I'm getting an error on line 9, which is the xLBMaeraDoor.SetDoorTeleport TeleportTo:xLBMaeraLockedDoorReturn bTemporary 1 line.

I'm using CS loaded with OBSE and the function I'm using is: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php/SetDoorTeleport.

I'm assuming my syntax is wrong, can someone point what it should be?

xLBMaeraLockedDoorReturn is an X-marker.

scn xLBMaeraDoorScript

short locked

begin onActivate

;locked, return player to house, give them a msg box

if (locked == 1)

xLBMaeraDoor.SetDoorTeleport TeleportTo:xLBMaeraLockedDoorReturn bTemporary 1

MessageBox "Everytime I try to leave, something brings me back... the Gods must want me to become a bitch.","Ok"

endif

end

edit: The error is: Item 'TeleportTo' not found for parameter linked door.

edit2: Got it... this is pretty damn hard to figure out for a newbie. the line should have read: reference.SetDoorTeleport reference. and both references have to be doors.

Another thing to remember is that if you add an OnActivate block to a door, it overrides the default activation block.

So, generally, you have to somewhere call Activate if the door is unlocked. Heck, to be perfectly honest, you shouldn't need to change the teleport destination at all. Since an OnActivate block blocks Activation until you call Activate, can probably do the following...

scn xLBMaeraDoorScript

short locked

begin onActivate
   if (locked == 1)
       MessageBox "Everytime I try to leave, something brings me back... the Gods must want me to become a bitch.","Ok"
   else
       Activate
   endif
end

Archived