[REQ] Plate Armor Plus, Oblivion->Skyrim conversion

Heyo everyone,

Yeah anything by Nao4288 is worthy to convert over. I can give it a shot, though I kinda only make armor for ADEC lol. Someone else of course could convert it afterwards to whatever you guys prefer though ;p

Though I'm curious what textures should be used. I'm not sure Nao uses the default one from oblivion. Therefore I need to find an HQ steel armor, and all the rest.

Edit:

Here's what the chest piece looks like with the default oblivion textures. So far the chest is all I've done, and it still need some touch up.

2012-09-24_00001.jpg

Well I finally got it all done, but of course I can't get the rest to work in game for some reason. If anyone wants to take a go at figuring out why, go for it.

I'm asking a friend of mine to look at it in the mean time, because he's alot more skilled than me.

naoplate beta

naoplate1.png

naoplate2.png

naoplate3.png

The armor is just made as of now as a replacer, to save my time with testing. Once I was finished I planned to actually make it fully craftable and standalone.

Awesome :D

Though I'm a stickler for the smaller breast sizes, I doubt many share that opinion hehe

How'd you convert it to the ADEC body? In blender? I want to try and convert yours to the UNP body, but I dunno how :sadface:

@Kara - Well first off that is the max slider weight. I still have to do the 0 weight, which obviously the breasts will be much smaller on. I always start with the max weight, because its the hardest to do.

I use 3ds max, though you could use blender if you wanted to.

Not sure if you know, but 3ds max is free to download if you have a student email. Or you have a friend/family member that will let you use one.

I used this skeleton here:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7119

Along with whatever body you use, and the regular skyrim skeleton. That at a least sets up the oblivion armor (specifically the shoulders), in the right positions. Sometimes though there is alot of clipping that has to be fixed.

Then you pretty much mold it to whatever body you use. Do the typical exporting procedure, aka skin wrap > add your body > face deformation > weight to all points. Then delete the skin wrap modifier. Add the bsdismemberingskin modifier and select the entire object and click on the bsdismemberingskin modifier again.

Then follow the right exporting:

Long as your settings are like that for exporting you are good to go. Then its all about the battle with nifskope, which I find more painful then any 3d modding lol.

Well finally got it working. Main reason it wasn't working is some of the files I transferred to my new computer were corrupted.

I still have to do the zero weight, gloves, boots, and helm. I also gotta dig out a HQ texture, because it doesn't look all that great in game lol. Even with gloss turned up.

Either case here's the full suit, with some minor clipping in game.

2012-09-25_00001.jpg

2012-09-25_00002.jpg

@failscream - Well to each there own. Though you do realize that ADEC is based on HGEC. This armor in oblivion was built exclusively for HGEC. The fact that I was able to make it fit so fast, should be proof enough lol.

I got nothing against UNP and CBBE. Though all I use, and have installed is ADEC. To top it off I do it to pay respects to the person who taught me all I know ;p

I already said I don't mind if someone was to make it for any other body type. After all, I did the grunt work of getting it ported from oblivion to skyrim. That in itself can be a pain ;p

• 2 weeks later...