Removing specific animations

caymane

Hey!

Is there an easy way to remove specific animation from the downloaded animation .package files? 

It's not like they are bad, far from that. I appreciate all the great content we have here but my animation count is at around 1000. Some might not even showing up (I've no idea if that is the case, i havent actually checked. Almost everyone has a great animation so i just download the whole package with 100+ animations for 5-10.), so i just want to keep the best of the best.

Thanks in advance!

There is an animation disabler built into WW that you can use to disable animations from appearing randomly. This is the easiest and most user friendly way to accomplish this.

Go into sex settings and it should be at the bottom.

If you want them off of the list I suppose you can open the package with S4Studio and look for the snippet tuning under the TYPE.   Look for the animation set and remove that section for the animation.  You will need a little bit of experience to handle this so that you know where it starts and where it ends.   Typically it will be at the first blank <T> and the last </T> for that set.   Needless to say that you should back up the original and test it before incorporating it into any game you care about. You should read the WW documentation for creating animations to familiarize yourself with the code structure as well, so that you know how each animation is described and contained within the snippet file.  Once you understand the structure, it's fairly simple. 

The structure in complete would look similar to section 3.1 in this tutorial.  

http://wickedwhims.tumblr.com/post/147746195146/creating-wickedwhims-animation-xml-file

I would recommend simply disabling the animation, however...   The second action is a lot of needless effort when you can simply disable the animation from appearing randomly and just ignore it from that point.  It will also be less prone to errors or future problems.

Wow, I overcomplicated a bit at first, I didnt know about that feature and it wasnt hidden at all :neutral:

Thank you for the detailed answer though, Section 4 also looks quite interesting. I'll try to experiment with the variables aswell. Its like you were reading my mind, i was wondering if theres something like this for the animations :smiley: 

and some Off Topic: I hope im thinking right but by changing some values, can i swap positions (from male-female to female-male) for the animations? 

Edit: I tested it and got my answer. Thanks again! 

Anyway, if someone else were also wondering about this, you can swap the giver-receiver by changing the animation_pref_gender to the opposite gender on both actors.

Archived