Autonomy Questions

Kuロi

As someone who never really played the Sims much, I figured my first exploration of WW would be pretty simple : Install it, forget it exists after tweaking the settings and see what happens. So I didn't exactly set up to flirt with everyone. Which means nothing pretty much happens. I've had the occasional two NPCs going at it in the middle of the street, which at the very least implies WW is working properly. I've also made a short test where I flirted with someone until they asked for some action, which went mostly well, although unreliable, but I don't know if that's because of settings or not (especially the gender preference option that I said to follow).

I'm more concerned about NPC autonomy. My initial, barely creative plan was to create my female sim and move her to an apartment (and added the sexual trait to it or w/e it's called), then created neighbors with the flirty trait themselves so they would be more prone to flirting with her whenever they come over, the idea being they would slowly "corrupt" her (Did I mention the plan was barely creative?).

Except none of them is actively flirting. They may feel flirty at times but never do anything with it. I'm only using WW and MCCC and, while I've read that MCCC can alter autonomy behavior, I have not seen it do anything (nor have I touched it's settings outside of time scaling I believe). I'm not using MC Woohoo, though I don't see this affecting autonomy aside from Woohoo.

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong with MCCC, maybe it only works on Sims you're playing and not NPCs or I'm misunderstanding how it works/what it does. Alternatively maybe there's a mod I'm supposed to be using for that, and I've found a few, but I'd rather know for sure I'm supposed to be using them before just dumping them in the game.

MCCC has a setting, it might be on by default. To prevent autonomous flirting, its in one of those settings where it says "cheats - Stop annoying actions-stop autonomous flirting" but I think there's more then one tab like this so you will have too look for it. 

Also flirting is not part of WW autonomy, so the only flirting that will happen would be that of normal game. WW autonomy is purely for sex/sex requests.

Basically not much is going to happen if you don't nudge it along, you will have to build relations with the person you want to flirt with you and then they may or may not ask you for sex.

Alright. I thought it worked that way too, but somehow while I was researching people were pretty vague about how MCCC affected autonomy.

So it's safe to assume that if I want NPC Sims to have better autonomy, I should look to the mods that do that?

Archived