Game won't work after installing official addon.

Kain82

Hi, I bought Sims 4 yesterday and it was working fine with the mods yesterday and today.  But I just purchased the official Vampires addon and it won't work.  The game freezes on the screen before the main menu.  I use the auto installer of WickedWhims to install it.  And the rest are body mods and animations.  They were all working fine yesterday and earlier today.  But now after the addon the game freezes.  Is their anyway to uninstall the addon?  Or does anyone know how to make it work?

12 minutes ago, Soulbound said:

Hi, couple of questions

When you installed the expansion did you move the mods folder out first?

Did you receive yesterdays new update automatically?

No, I did not move the mod folder first.  I did not know there was an update.  But since I have Origin set with default settings, I assume it installed. 

Edit:  Anyway I'll be back later I have to go to work now.  Thank you for whatever help you can provide.:)

Ok thanks for the info, the game automatically disables Mods and Custom Content when first launching The Sims 4 after the update. You need to re-enable them and restart your game in order for it to take effect.

Also check to make sure no mods or CC have been deleted with the update, EA always mess things up. Any further problems, let us know.

5 hours ago, Soulbound said:

Ok thanks for the info, the game automatically disables Mods and Custom Content when first launching The Sims 4 after the update. You need to re-enable them and restart your game in order for it to take effect.

Also check to make sure no mods or CC have been deleted with the update, EA always mess things up. Any further problems, let us know.

How do I re-enable the mods?  Do I just add them to the 'Mods' folder?  Also what is CC and how can I check it hasn't been deleted.  Finally should I repair the installation via Origin?  Or do a full uninstall/reinstall?

Ha!  Fixed it.  I first deleted the EA folder in documents, then I repaired the game via Origin. And made sure it was updated.   I started the game and it loaded fine.  I then re-added the EA folder and ran the game it loaded fine.  Lastly I then removed all mods and started the game.  It loaded normally.

Thank you for your help SoulBound.  :smile:

Game is not working again today after it worked last night.  I get the infinite loading screen, and when I try to back out by opening the task manager the game freezes.  Do I have to repeat what I did last night?

Sigh, this is annoying.  Their must've been another update today.  Cause I fixed the problem by deleting the EA folder in the documents section.  Then I restarted the game.  It loaded normally and generated a new EA folder.  I reinstalled the mods into the new 'mods' folder and the game now works.  To avoid anymore future headaches, how do I know when a game has been updated?

4 hours ago, Soulbound said:

I have Auto Update turned off, but I normally know when an update is due from Sims forums. I only update when I'm sure that my main mods aren't going to be effected. No point in breaking a perfectly good game over some minor bug fixes from EA.

That's a good idea.  I turned off Auto Update.  Thanks.

Archived