Aspiring Builder

Gilanthus

I've just gotten into a mood to play with Oblivion on the editor's side.

I'd like to know what extra programs are recommended in addition to the obvious Construction Set.

I know about Nifskope although little more than peeking at the models.

I also have DDS Viewer so I can peek at the textures as well.

What additional programs are recommended? I would like to find a program that would allow me to view animations so I wold know which file is for which animation. If Nifskope does this, I have yet to find out.

Anything constructive would be wonderful.

Blender is for creating the models themselves. Nifskope allows you to mesh up armors or remove parts of them that you don't like. Blender helps with that when you want to remove just one part of a mesh (EX: armor is one mesh, you don't like the gloves).

The CS handles everything else; scripts, quests, world editing and whatnot.

So, depending on what you want to do you will need different programs.

Is there a way I can view animations outside of CS or go through the animation poses while in game? I know Z cycles through various anims while willing, though when the creatures jump me and do their business, I am unable to shift between the different positions that I had collected without starting up another action.

Edit: Got to thinking and wondered if there was a console command I could use to run an animation on command

I think if you begin a consensual act with a creature it'll let you cycle through animations as usual. Lovers Calm also has that, apparently.

As for the console, nope.

Archived