Is it possible to port xps models into DOA5LR?

1 hour ago, Otakadelic said:

Oh you have starting image(and probably digital data of XPS file) and final destination image then things much easier.

There should be detailed info/tutorials how to convert but I only can find one place, and sadly enough which is written in Japanese.

(Written in other languages must exist but simply I can't find right now)

http://blog.livedoor.jp/jun2009r/archives/72329030.html

The general steps are:

Step1: Change XPS standard pose to DOA5LR standard pose.

Exact value is: legs must rotate 15 degrees. Arms must rotate 45 degrees.

Then fix the pose as default pose for this model.

Step2: Export(= convert from XPS) clothes only. Body mesh(and its textures) should pick up from DOA5LR side.

The reason is, body is too complicate to recreate. Here we have four to five different nude base models. If you count SaafRats' five variations then close to 10.

Sorry I don't have enough time to write down further details now.  I will add more when I have more spare time. 

My personal opinion is: the XPS is beautiful but bit complicate as very first try. Well, if the bar sets higher (either intentionally or unintentionally), then you will learn quicker, that's sure. 

im still having some small(and huge) issues here n there but i think i pretty much have it down at this point ty i wouldnt of been able to fail like this 0w0

20180415212840_1.jpg

20180416001947_1.jpg

20180416010031_1.jpg

On 4/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, Mudkip44 said:

im still having some small(and huge) issues here n there but i think i pretty much have it down at this point ty i wouldnt of been able to fail like this 0w0

20180415212840_1.jpg

20180416001947_1.jpg

20180416010031_1.jpg

If accessories/costumes didn't follow body's movement then you may fix with weight transfer. Check following topic.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87962-modding-question-different-location-problem/

Use Transfer Weight in Blender. Many options exist but here is my setting.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/87962-modding-question-different-location-problem/?do=findComment&comment=2064259

10 hours ago, funtcase said:

my current project. i'm still trying to rig the face properly

screenshot_2018-04-19_21-04-33_0.jpg

Impressive! With this screenshot, I think you are making complicated, well designed costume.

Don't try to make perfect mod it won't end forever. Even official models won't move properly, like Lisa's fingers sticked out from hat, Kasumi's short Katana on waist acts like nothing exists. 

heres a little cheat sheet for XNAlara.
put it in your XNAlara folder, then load a model of your choice and go to modify, save generic item, it'll export the xps with DOA5 naming on the bones/vertex groups.
This keeps the original weights (the data transfer modifier method is not particularly accurate) and means you can pair your mesh to a DOA5 armature with minimal adjustments in scale and rotation.
(this is just body bones at the moment, not face or hair)

It's not guaranteed (not everyone uses the same bone naming convention), but its worked on a lot of the models i've tried so far.

BoneDict.txt

On 4/25/2018 at 4:34 AM, funtcase said:

heres a little cheat sheet for XNAlara.
put it in your XNAlara folder, then load a model of your choice and go to modify, save generic item, it'll export the xps with DOA5 naming on the bones/vertex groups.
This keeps the original weights (the data transfer modifier method is not particularly accurate) and means you can pair your mesh to a DOA5 armature with minimal adjustments in scale and rotation.
(this is just body bones at the moment, not face or hair)

It's not guaranteed (not everyone uses the same bone naming convention), but its worked on a lot of the models i've tried so far.

BoneDict.txt

Huge thanks for sharing very useful information!

Initially I thought porting of these two were one direction only, from DOA to XPS. But since DOA5 side's resources are limited, XPS' side of resources are expanding, your tip will be very, very useful. Thx again!

• 2 years later...