Replacng Default eyes

Daguy

Hey guys

Been trying to sort this out for hours now with no luck, so thought i'd ask for help.

I'm trying to make Dunmer eyes look like Dunmer eyes. I downloaded a replacer off the Nexus, that basically just made them single-color red in a custom .dds and set it to be the default Dark Elf eye.

Things is, i've found I prefer RenEye59.dds /Flonne 59 from MBP. It's all red, has the pupil still, and looks exactly like what Dunmer have in the Skyrim shots.

So, I tried copying the main file, of four which I assume three are the shaders, and renaming/replacing the .dds from the Nexus mod.

It came out waaay too bright. It stood out like a sore thumb and just looked wrong. So, I downloaded a .dds un/packer and used on online photo-editot to darken the imagine manuall, since I don't know how to work wth shaders in modding.

Got it decently dark, then rebuilt the DDS, and put it in place.

The eyes look exactly the same in game. It's like I didn't even do anything. Too bright, glowing infact, and because of it no depth. Plus you can see Dark Elves coming from a hundred feet away lol.

Halp?

No, I hadn't thanks for replying.

Actually, int he end it turned out to be horrifcally simple (after all the messing around the long way) to just make my own eye replacer dependant on MBP. Sigh hours wasted.

Can I still delete a topic after its had replies? Prefer not to hit delete and just get rid of the first post.

Archived