RAGE

Daguy

Hey LL

Just thought i'd make a post about a Bethesda title that semi-slipped past my radar. I saw RAGE announced... but when nothing else emerged promptly forgot about it. Only now its a month or so off release did I give it another look.

Open world game, big enough that driving around doesn't feel enclosed? Suggests a large space. Sandbox? Check. A more serious, Mad Max-ish, post-apocolyptic game? Interesting. Toolset? Yup.

All in all it looks interesting, i'm just wondering if you play as a set character, or if you get the usual Bethesda range of gender/race/looks. I've not seen any news on that, though granted I haven't looked that hard.

Anyone else been keeping an eye on this?

It doesn't help that it's title is so generic that google fu is weak.

But it seems that it's either going to be some preset dude or maybe that special kind of Alpha Protocol/Brink/etc. style customisation where your char can be anything.. as long as it has a penis.

Well whatever, a sandbox game where I have to play as a guy interests me about as much as studying weather patterns on the moon.

Yeah, I'm not really all that interested in Rage. id Software hasn't developed a good game since 1997, and the whole post-apocalyptic thing's pretty stale for me after playing the entire Fallout series, among other games.

The only reason I even remember it exists is Steam's little scrolling bar of featured games, tbh. Anyway, I'm going back to playing Human Rev.

Guest Loogie

It's an id Software game, not a Bethesda game.

That being said, I agree with chukkake. id makes great engines and engine demos, but they pack those demos in $50 boxes and act like they're games. I have no doubt the Rage engine is as every bit as groundbreaking as the Doom 3 engine. I just don't know if a game will ever be developed based on it before it becomes old technology.

It's an id Software game' date=' not a Bethesda game.

That being said, I agree with chukkake. id makes great engines and engine demos, but they pack those demos in $50 boxes and act like they're games. I have no doubt the Rage engine is as every bit as groundbreaking as the Doom 3 engine. I just don't know if a game will ever be developed based on it before it becomes old technology.

[/quote']

ZeniMax should just pay id to optimize and debug and refine Bethesda's Creation Engine because I seriously doubt that it's going to be that much different from it's horribly buggy Gamebryo origins.

It's an id Software game' date=' not a Bethesda game.

[/quote']

ZeniMax should just pay id to optimize and debug and refine Bethesda's Creation Engine because I seriously doubt that it's going to be that much different from it's horribly buggy Gamebryo origins.

Or why not have Id build engines and Bethesda make games on those engines.

More efficiency with two developer houses doing what they're best at.

Archived