Double loading screen and freeze

KazTheFiddle

Whenever I load a game, it usually has 2 loading screens. Once, it shows the correct level, but then goes to a black screen for a couple seconds. Then, it goes to another one showing me at level 1, but actually loading the game.

Recently, it's just been freezing when I get to the black screen part, and I know it's frozen because of text in the top left.

My installation is probably a mess from my "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality, but I was hoping someone could help me out.

Thanks in advance

loadorder.txt

Save 491 - Aelsif Saeeifdottir Skyrim 36.41.20.skse

EDIT: I forgot to mention, starting a new game and loading the save from there gives an infinite loading screen

2 hours ago, KazTheFiddle said:

"2 loading screens" cause and effect of the outdated "ContinueGameNoCrash.esp" "Load Game CTD Fix" is in an SKSE plug-in, try that instead. If you haven't done so already: clean your save(s) with "SaveTool" or "PDTWrapper"  Run LOOT.

41 minutes ago, nyctophilia said:

"2 loading screens" cause and effect of the outdated "ContinueGameNoCrash.esp" "Load Game CTD Fix" is in an SKSE plug-in, try that instead. If you haven't done so already: clean your save(s) with "SaveTool" or "PDTWrapper"  Run LOOT.

I'll try the Savetool thing, but when I tried to load the save it gave me the dialogue box about the missing esp, and the game froze when I clicked yes.

11 minutes ago, KazTheFiddle said:

I'll try the Savetool thing, but when I tried to load the save it gave me the dialogue box about the missing esp, and the game froze when I clicked yes.

Yes, that's normal, after removing any mod with an .ESP you want to perform a so-called clean save. I also highly recommend "ENBoost" and these .ini tweaks, which will help to utilize resources more efficiently.

30 minutes ago, nyctophilia said:

Yes, that's normal, after removing any mod with an .ESP you want to perform a so-called clean save. I also highly recommend "ENBoost" and these .ini tweaks, which will help to utilize resources more efficiently.

I've tried ENB before, but it would just give me a ctd on startup. I tried savetool and apparently my save is corrupt

Archived