Wigs?

Jumbalow

I have no ability when it comes to making armors...the best I can do is swap pieces from one mesh to another in NifSkope and hope they fit. So, forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I'm trying to get some hair pieces to function as wigs, so NPCs' hairstyles can be changed on the fly. I found a couple of wig mods to use as templates, but I've been unable to replace their meshes with other hair meshes. I've also tried to just replace vanilla helmet meshes with hair meshes. No go. In nearly all cases, the hair just floats in front of the mouth. I once got it to float sideways next to the head (yay!).

It's obviously some kind of positioning issue, or something to do with the hair's hat/nohat egms, but hell if I know how to fix any of that. So I guess my question is, does anyone know how to make this work? Or better yet, some other method to actually change NPC hair in-game? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no ability when it comes to making armors...the best I can do is swap pieces from one mesh to another in NifSkope and hope they fit. So' date=' forgive me if this is a stupid question.

I'm trying to get some hair pieces to function as wigs, so NPCs' hairstyles can be changed on the fly. I found a couple of wig mods to use as templates, but I've been unable to replace their meshes with other hair meshes. I've also tried to just replace vanilla helmet meshes with hair meshes. No go. In nearly all cases, the hair just floats in front of the mouth. I once got it to float sideways next to the head (yay!).

It's obviously some kind of positioning issue, or something to do with the hair's hat/nohat egms, but hell if I know how to fix any of that. So I guess my question is, does anyone know how to make this work? Or better yet, some other method to actually change NPC hair in-game? Thanks.

[/quote']

The issue is a common one in geck with hats use FNV edit go to the wig in the armor area open it and scroll down to the area that says

MODD facegen model flags right click on it and "ADD" than edit and select "HEAD" that should position the wig on top of the head if you are adding them for both male and female the male face gen should be enough but if you are making it female only then you will have to do the same in the female biped model area i think the section is called

MOSD facegen model flag

hope that helps

Archived