Sigh.... Blender ---> Skyrim

I'm pretty sure almost no one knows how to do this, but hopefully some near extinct races do.

So say I edit Helm of Ynghol, I open up nifskope, I'm a noob at nifskope, I don't know what the fuck those properties do. Then, I export was wavfront obj.

I next open up blender and import the obj, somehow it's not on the origin and it appears somewhere far,far away. Anyways, I didn't move it since I don't want to fuck up any coordinate data for nifskope. I remove one of the horns, fill it in and adds some badass gadgetse to the face to cover the mouth up.

So... Now, I'm stuck.

First of all, the uv map from the vanilla model looks fine, except the parts I modded like the extra parts of the face and one horn is missing, so it doesn't fill in those parts.

This was a small project, but I'll just upload my first edited model on here.

If I select the model and hit unwrap, then it doesn't follow Bethesda's uv map prob because I don't know where the cut their seams or some shit like that.

All I'm trying to do is figure out where I'm suppose to color to shade in these new parts. Also, since they didn't exist on the original UV Map, this new face (triangle) stretches out 1 or 2 pixels onto it, uv mapping a piece of shit.

Finally, even if i solve that problem. How do I import my obj's to Skyrim? Do I just open it up with nifskope and save it?

I've read 100's of tutorials. All of them don't fucking work because shit just don't work no more. Most of them say to use a old laggy version of Blender/certain versons os nif scripts: python, pyfii. just for fucking blender.

I didn't know that Blender would be unable to do shit in newer and more updated versions. In the end, I guess I still have to confiure some shit in Nifskope like those properties and user versions which I don't even know why the game gives a fuck about. This is so aggravating and those fuckin skyrim modelers try keeping all the secrets to themselves, I just got used to blender a while ago for the sole purpose of skyrim modeling.

So in the final procedure, I export my obj, import it into nifskope, configure some settings which I don't know, then save as .nif, and it's ready to go into creation kit/skyrim right? If so then great.

Then people tell you to replace/change every digit and property, bitch that's gonna take forever, who the hell does that shit when someone can just straight up tell you which properties to fuck with and which not to.

Maybe this is some hard shit, but I don't believe that NO one knows how to do this.

It'd be great, if some veteran dude could teach me how to add those glowy effects, I searched up glow maps and the whole weapon glows and in creation kit I give it my glow map and it doesn't even glow...

And that swingy effect on some sword mod where when you swun the sword, there was a blue light effect like some light saber. Also, blood and that cool stuff.

But as for now. Someone just enlighten me or provide some tutorial that doesn't go around in circles or tell me about some useless shit.

Thank you.

I've read 100's of tutorials. All of them don't fucking work because shit just don't work no more. Most of them say to use a old laggy version of Blender/certain versons os nif scripts: python' date=' pyfii. just for fucking blender.

I didn't know that Blender would be unable to do shit in newer and more updated versions. In the end, I guess I still have to confiure some shit in Nifskope like those properties and user versions which I don't even know why the game gives a fuck about. [...']

As far as i can see you didnt read any tutorial or you would know that Skyrim doesnt use .obj but .nif files.

And lo and behold for im- and exporting those nifs you need phyton and nif scripts.

Stop whining and get used to it.

And yes you have to configure shit in Nifskope, im totally sorry.

Truly, those fucking skyrim modelers really keep all the secrets to themselves.

I've read 100's of tutorials. All of them don't fucking work because shit just don't work no more. Most of them say to use a old laggy version of Blender/certain versons os nif scripts: python' date=' pyfii. just for fucking blender.

I didn't know that Blender would be unable to do shit in newer and more updated versions. In the end, I guess I still have to confiure some shit in Nifskope like those properties and user versions which I don't even know why the game gives a fuck about. [...']

As far as i can see you didnt read any tutorial or you would know that Skyrim doesnt use .obj but .nif files.

And lo and behold for im- and exporting those nifs you need phyton and nif scripts.

Stop whining and get used to it.

And yes you have to configure shit in Nifskope, im totally sorry.

Truly, those fucking skyrim modelers really keep all the secrets to themselves.

You didn't read all of what I said then. I know Skyrim's finale process uses .nif, but none of that nifscript shit works for me. I'm asking for a tutorial where you can export from nifscript as obj, export from blender as obj, and then finalize it in nifskope as nif again. That shit isn't working. I've tried over 30 times. Reinstalling and uninstalling. Thanks for those tutorials, I'll check them out, pretty sure I've seen all the nexus ones though.

Thanks, I just youtubed some tutorial that had the exact versions that seem to work. The reason I couldn't get these old versions to work was some interface problem. The whole screen was blank and if I moved my mouse around some buttons would pop up which would take forever to see everything, but noqw I got the rgith versios and it seems to be fine. Although, I'm not too adept with the old version of Blender as I spent several hours learning 2.6.3

Archived