Skyrim: Full Body Facegendata NIFs

Hiya!

How can I take an existing facegendata nif for a certain NPC and get it to work for a different NPC in-game? Some bit of data is exported from the CK to a facegendata nif that links it specifically to the in-game NPC it pertains to. I know because if I take one facegen nif, change its name to that of another facegen nif, the result is a default face in game:

49435-0-1503800409.jpg

See how the face skin appears darker? Had the simple change of the facegen nif's filename worked, she would look like the large breasted blonde to the direct left of the painted arrow fletch. (The missing body is correct).

Hope someone can help me. I have recently accomplished something I thought was impossible. I took a custom follower facegendata nif and added an entire body(hands, feet, and torso) to the existing facegendata head/hair/eyes/etc file. This allows me to create a fully unique NPC that uses its own textures and meshes.

Why would I do that? To get this in game:

49435-0-1503799912.jpg

See how Hroki looks different from Kaylee? This is thanks to custom body parts they utilize directly from their facegendata nifs, and an "empty" skinbody setting in the CK. I'd like total diversity of physicality amidst the "Skharem" I developed. Could I have went other routes to get the same thing, sure. But the path I chose is the path I intend to walk. And frankly, although worth the time I suppose, it's hard as hell!!!

Primarily, the difficulty is taking the facegen nif the CK spits out and manually adding all the bones and new body meshes using Nifscope. It is doable for each and every NPC I have. But it's so tedious!!!!! AHHH!

Anybody know how to copy multiple ninodes in NIfscope or copy one bone to another nif file and NOT have its frickin name change? Being able to hack a facegen nif file so it works for another NPC in-game, or being able to somehow expedite the process of adding the 62 bones for the body meshes would be so very nice to know how to do.

je t'aime, guys!

RL

Archived