Looking for new creatures...

Hey, been looking for awhile for a mod that adds new creatures, nothing else. I'm satisfied with franscesco's mod as far as the "overhauling" goes (let's me balance alot of things I don't like in vanilla), but his "new creatures"-mod was just causing my game to crash so I discarded it. I'm coming back to Oblivion after a loooong break, thinking about levelling up my lvl 44 char to max (lvl 50), but beating on the same old monsters is just boring as hell.

Given that I have been playing this char for a very long time, having to reinstall franscesco's mod and trying to get the new creatures-portion to work is simply too risky.

So, anyone know of any good creature addon-mods? I don't dare try MMM as many people say it's full of bugs, and I only found a german version of WarCry...not sure what to look for, can't seem to find anything good. /NN

Creature Diversity adds lots of lore friendly creatures to the game (many variants and some original). It only edits the levelled lists.

You could also try Martigen's monster mod.

But probably the coolest one is Waalx's Animals and Creatures (search with google to find hosting site). It is a total overhaul and conversion that does even more to the immersion than FCOM. It adds TONS of new and UNIQUE creatures, new factions, hundreds of new items, a total coversion of the arena and more. It's my favorte total conversion mod. I highly recommend checking out this mod. Watch some youtube videos, you will be impressed.

Hope this helped!

Thanks guys, I actually stumbled on "Creature Diversity" last night when I was searching, but from the images on the mod, the textures appeared to be of rather bad quality and "ugly". I checked the videos and didn't notice that though, maybe should give it a try.

Thanks, and feel free to fire up more suggestions, I'll check out the ones you mentioned.

Installed Creature Diversity, but haven't found a single new creature. :/ I've explored a few Ayleid Ruins, some caves etc. Same old creatures.

What bothers me is that when I rebuild my Bashed Patch, no levelled lists from Creature Diversity show up; just Franscesco's. I'm sure this is most likely the problem, but I don't know how one could add the new creatures to the Bashed Patch. I was fairly sure that'd be done automatically.

EDIT

Found some entries by CD in the levelled lists, after all. I'm guessing my Franscesco's mod takes preference and thus makes these new monsters rarer than should be. Ohwell. If I don't find anything new, soon, I'll try something else. ^^

Creature Diversity does not add any spawn points to the game, only edits existing ones and is incompatible with other mods that edit leveled lists. You are probably right on how fran's takes preference over Creature Diversity.

I also recommend you try WAC if you are willing.

Archived