skeleton.nif causing NPCs to drop weapons on death

Lurknag

This is probably the most bizarre bug I've ever come across.

The skeleton nif files from this mod are causing NPCs to (usually) drop their weapons upon death, regardless of iDeathWeaponDropChance.

I've tested this on a completely unmodded game (other than USLEEP to set iDeathWeaponDropChance to 0) and this issue persists.

I've confirmed beyond a doubt that it's the skeleton causing the issue (I've literally spent hours, killing hundreds of NPCs and testing each skeleton in that mod. It's definitely the skeletons causing this issue).

Skeletons like XPMS and XPMSE don't cause this issue, but the ones from that mod do.

My question is: Does anyone have any clue how a skeleton.nif could cause NPCs using it to drop their weapons upon death regardless of iDeathWeaponDropChance?

I can't find anything on this issue, besides some people talking about the same issue with an oblivion skeleton mod.

Archived