I've kinda given up, but I figured I'd ask.

This probably sounds like a fnis error, but everything is running correctly. Several weeks ago my animations for everything sorta broke, nothing would work. I reran the FNIS, deleted my overwrite folder, repatched everything and nothing worked. I then remembered I had a issue a while back where I accidentally dumped my overwrite into another folder and I was getting the same issue, back then I uninstalled all my animation mods and reinstalled them to no avail, including sexlab.

The problem was I couldn't find the folder, even looking at recently modified and searching I couldn't find anything. Eventually I just gave up and decided to move onto fallout 4, but the game modding scene isn't up to the same level and I am missing this game.

So I'd figured I would ask if there was a way to check to see if there is a way I can find if I made that mistake or if I am going to have to start over.

You can try to simply delete the overwrite folder.

FNIS will regenerate its files at the next generation. But you may lose a few config files (in case some mods were using SKSE files.)

If you're using MO (which it sounds like you are), try going to the Data tab, which gives you a dreadfully clunky overview of what your Skyrim folder actually looks like under the hood. The folders are near the bottom, you'll know them by the little plus signs next to the name. Expand "meshes", in there expand "actors", in there expand "character", and in there expand "behaviors". Near the top should be a file called "0_master.hkx". Hovering over it should tell you where you've dragged your FNIS files.

(It's also possible that you've just overloaded FNIS if you're using a lot of animation mods. It can only hold so many animations. Try downloading FNIS XXL from the FNIS page on Nexus if you're running a lot of animation packs.)

If you're using MO (which it sounds like you are), try going to the Data tab, which gives you a dreadfully clunky overview of what your Skyrim folder actually looks like under the hood. The folders are near the bottom, you'll know them by the little plus signs next to the name. Expand "meshes", in there expand "actors", in there expand "character", and in there expand "behaviors". Near the top should be a file called "0_master.hkx". Hovering over it should tell you where you've dragged your FNIS files.

(It's also possible that you've just overloaded FNIS if you're using a lot of animation mods. It can only hold so many animations. Try downloading FNIS XXL from the FNIS page on Nexus if you're running a lot of animation packs.)

Alright, its pointing towards FNIS Behaviors, my overwrite folder and the unofficial patch. I don't think thats out of the ordinary. I may not have dropped the overwrite files then.

Question, would my fnis tell me if it got overloaded? Yes I do use a lot of animation mods, but I hadn't added any that broke from what I understood. I'll try out fnis xxl, it can't hurt.

You have to clearly mention exactly what the problem is.

animations for everything sorta broke, nothing would work

Doesn't help.

3rd person animation for swords for dual sheeth wouldn't show, sexlab would run but other then paralysis they acted as it they just stood there, no t-shape.

Copy/paste the results of the FNIS windows here.

FNIS Behavior V6.3 XXL   6/20/2017 4:37:43 AM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)   male: XPMS2HDT (115 bones)

Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"

Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"

Patch: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul"

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Furniture V1.0 ...

Reading DD V3.3.0  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 346 alternate animations) ...

Reading Defeat V5  ( 0 furniture, 2 offset, 3 paired, 1 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

Reading EstrusChaurus V4.30 ...

Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...

Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

Reading FunnyBizAmp V8.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizBeastly V1.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizBound V1.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizFC V10.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizFemDom V1.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizFun V10.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizGroup V8.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizGuro V5.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizLover V7.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizMolag V4.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizMtb V3.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizNecro V10.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizRape V10.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizUn V9.0 ...

Reading MME V6.07  ( 2 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading Nephilim V7.0 ...

Reading SerialStrip V1.1.4 ...

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...

Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...

Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

Reading sanguinesDebauchery V?.?  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 17 alternate animations) ...

Reading zzEstrus V1.2  ( 0 furniture, 1 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 12 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

No GENDER directory male

12 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

mt_behavior usage: 40.1 %   ( 28 furniture, 32 offset, 0 chair, 107 alternate animations)

0_master usage: 14.2 %   ( 12 paired, 1 kill, 132 alternate animations)

Alternate Animation mods: 4 sets: 37 total groups: 115 added file slots: 798 alternate files: 539

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Reading MNC V?.? ...

Reading FunnyBizFC V1.0 ...

Reading FunnyBizMC V1.0 ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

Reading AnimationsByLeito_Creatures V1.0 ...

6947 animations for 34 mods successfully included (character)

1442 animations for 5 mods and 37 creatures successfully included.

0 possible consistence issues

OK, no errors at all from FNIS.

Now, what is the mod manager you are using?

In case it is Mod Organizer you may want to run it in a slightly different way.

OK, try my "quick & dirty" way.

If you installed FNIS directly from Mod Organizer, uninstall it.

Then install it, but directly in your Data folder.

Open MO, and click on the Wells button, and add a new application.

Call it "Generate FNIS for Users" and browse the file in your data directory.

Then run FNIS from Mod Organizer.

OK, try my "quick & dirty" way.

If you installed FNIS directly from Mod Organizer, uninstall it.

Then install it, but directly in your Data folder.

Open MO, and click on the Wells button, and add a new application.

Call it "Generate FNIS for Users" and browse the file in your data directory.

Then run FNIS from Mod Organizer.

It works, thanks. I got this error(its in the spoiler), is there anything I have to know about this that might cause issues down the line?

DEBUG (20:19:24.0496): add mod file C:\Users\Xiammes\Desktop\misc programs\Mod Organizer\mods\OVERWRITE\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE (meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0496): move (ex) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE - 1 (183)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0501): using path from previous deletion: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt

DEBUG (20:19:24.0503): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile2.txt

ERROR (20:19:24.0503): not a mod directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt

DEBUG (20:19:24.0526): move (ex) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile2.txt to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt - 1 (183)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0535): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex -> C:\Users\Xiammes\Desktop\misc programs\Mod Organizer\mods\OVERWRITE\scripts\FNIS_aa2.pex (40000000 - 2) = 00000840 (183)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0551): createfile w: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\BehavioredObjects.txt -> C:\Users\Xiammes\Desktop\misc programs\Mod Organizer\mods\FNIS Creature Pack\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\BehavioredObjects.txt (c0000000 - 3) = 00000840 (0)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0563): findfirstfileex C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\*: . (30)

DEBUG (20:19:24.0564): findfirstfileex C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\atronachflame\animations\*: . (10)

Archived