SL Defeat makes my game crash when I save.

Welp, I'm pretty sure it is SL Defeat since I tested it with only that mod on (and the required ones), do you have any idea how to fix it? it crashes my game on save and when I go through a door.

Or is there a good mod SL Defeat style? (or maybe even better).

Thanks for the help in advance.

I don't know if it'll help, but I get a crash-on-save bug now and then and fix it by loading an earlier file where I could save, killing my char with player.kill in the console, letting it reload then load the most recent file and can now save.

I don't know why that works, it just does.

The few things you can try with Defeat are:

1. Use the reworked .esp file uploaded by a Russian member in the mod's thread. 

2. Reset the mod and keep it disabled for a while (this usually does not help)

3. Clean your save and remove any stuck scripts (keep a backup)

4. If you also have Safety Load installed, set it to EnableOnlyLoading=true else you'll get some crashes when switching areas

After all of this I get crashes only rarely, but Defeat still bugs my game out. However it usually does this only once in a play session, and that requires me to load up a 'safe save'. I made one on the vanilla game with no patches, no mods right at the start of the game in an empty cell, and it always loads up no matter what.

In extreme cases or if you do not have the option of doing this anymore, you may have to type 'coc helgenhomestead', wait until SkyUI loads up all your mod menus, and then resume your game.

Archived