Devious Devices "shiny" finish causing CTDs?

Stealthie

First thing is that I haven't done anything with DD yet.

I also installed Non-Devious Devices, purely so I could craft the various items to check they were being displayed properly.

I suppose it's possible the problem is with Non Devious Devices rather than DD, itself.

So, here's what's happening...

I craft a variety of DD items (via NDD) at my forge.

I equip my character with them and they all display perfectly in their original black colour.

I then take them to a tanning rack, apply fire-salts to make them red or frost-salts to make them white.

Equip them and everything's still fine.

So, the orginal black is fine and dying them red or white is fine too.

It's also possible to give items a shiny finish by applying troll-fat at the tanning rack.

This is what seems to be causing problems.

As soon as I equip one of the corsets, with a shiny finish, I get an immediate CTD.

Seems like there's something going on with the texture applied to the corsets, specifically, which is causing the CTDs.

I've crafted a variety of shiny collars, harnesses, gags and armbinders and none of them cause any problems.

The odd thing is, there's a posture-collar which matches the corsets (and seems to share the same texture) and that doesn't cause any problems.

I can equip my character with the non-shiny versions of the corsets with no problems.

I can equip my character with the shiny posture-collar (which matches the corset) no problems.

Soon as I equip the shiny corset, itself; CTD.

Anybody got any ideas what's going on here and what I need to do to fix it?

Archived