A CHALLENGING QUEST FOR THE GREATEST HEROES OF TAMRIEL

Greetings, upstanding ladies and gentlemen of Skyrim,

I submit for your consideration a conundrum the likes of which never before seen by humanoid eyes! (Believe me, I checked.) It is a malady as fearsome as a modded Alduin and more bizarre than the machinations of the deepest Dwemer ruins! The "rules" to which this problem abides seem like the work of Sheogorath, and trying to decipher it makes for quite the exciting logic puzzle.

The central issue is this: my clothes keep disappearing. Seems like a straightforward and common problem, right? But as I said earlier, it's the how and why of these disappearances that make my condition so unique. Allow me to list off what consistent factors I have discerned from my hours wrestling with this demon:

1. Only pieces of equipment that cover the pelvis are affected. Body armor (regardless of whether or not it uses slot 52) and underwear only. Helms, necklaces, jewelry, gloves and boots are completely unaffected and function as normal.

2. The armor is not merely being unequipped, but actually deleted from the inventory.

3. These deletions are not instant. The armor will remain for up to a few seconds after being equipped and function completely as normal in regards to all relevant criteria (vanilla stats, Frostfall, nudity checkers) during that time. This means that my game is perfectly capable of displaying such armor, but something is going back and actively deleting it through some kind of scan.

4. These scans are repetitive. Every 15 seconds or so a scan will be performed, and any equipment covering the pelvis will be deleted, whether there was actually any equipment to delete or not. I know because during this time the armor equip/unequip sound effect will play, whether or not any armor was actually equipped or unequipped.

5. These scans only affect the PC. Armor remains on NPCs indefinitely and functions exactly as normal.

6. During these scans, a Shlongs of Skyrim brief will momentarily appear on the character and then disappear, whether the character was actually wearing one or not. This is another reason why I know that the scans are repetitive.

7. Only equipped armor will be deleted. Armor in the inventory functions exactly as normal in regards to all relevant criteria (weight, value, etc.). In addition, armor that was equipped, but unequipped before a scan took place, will remain in the inventory exactly as normal and will not be deleted.

8. Armor will not be deleted as long as the game is paused. Alt-tabbing or opening a menu such as the inventory or MCM will allow the armor to remain for any length of real-world time. This means that whatever scan is being performed is dependent on the in-game clock, not the PC clock.

9. The problem only begins at 8am on the second day in game time (Mondas). The problems start immediately at this time regardless of whether the threshold was passed through sleep or in regular gameplay. Before then, their armor functions exactly as normal. In addition, loading to a save before this time will cause their armor to again function as normal until time progresses to Mondas, and any armor that was deleted by a scan will reappear.

10. The game works absolutely fine except for this issue.

I have remained hunched over my Papyrus logs deep into the most unspeakable hours of the night trying to figure out what event corresponds to these scans. The two logs attached to this post (in .rtf form, because they're long) are from two tests conducted to demonstrate the problem. In the first, I simply stood in the middle of riverwood and allowed the in-game time to pass 8am. My armor was quickly deleted, after which I immediately exited the game. I synchronized the crossing of the threshold with a real-world clock so I could track the time of the event; the 8am boundary was not crossed until 8:50 real world time. This means that the actual deletion event had to have taken place within the 8:50 time window (at the very bottom).

From this first test it looked as though the problem had to do with Private Needs Discreet (PND)'s NPC feature. So I disabled this and repeated the same test. The second log is the result of this second test with PND NPC disabled.

The only consistent factor appears to be this line: RNPC: Periodic update check. However, this line is also repeated before the 8am threshold.

Here are all of the mods I have installed, presented in the load order prescribed by LOOT. Warning: I cannot guarantee the safety of your eyes after seeing all the degenerate perversions I have installed.

00 Skyrim.esm

01 Update.esm

02 Dawnguard.esm

03 HearthFires.esm

04 Dragonborn.esm

05 Unofficial Skyrim legendary Edition Patch.esp

06 Shlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

07 SexLab.esm

08 ClimatesOfTamriel.esm

09 SexLabAroused.esm

0A CreatureFramework.esm

0B Campfire.esm

0C Private Needs Discreet.esm

0D SkyUI.esp

0E SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

0F Mighty Beasts - Werewolf.esp

10 Shlongs of Skyrim.esp

11 SoS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

12 FNIS.esp

13 dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

14 DLSkyrim.esp

15 EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

16 Tamriel Reloaded HD.esp

17 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dungeons-Hardcore.esp

18 ELFX - Exteriors.esp

19 RealisticWaterTwo.esp

1A ELFXEnhancer.esp

1B ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Cold.esp

1C CoT-WeatherPatch.esp

1D CoT-WeatherPatch_NL1.esp

1E CoT-WeatherPatch_NL2.esp

1F CoT-WeatherPatch_NL3.esp

20 CoT-WeatherPatch_NL4.esp

21 ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-7.esp

22 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp

23 CoT-WeatherPatch_DB.esp

24 Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp

25 Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

26 ELFX - Weathers.esp

27 ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp

28 SMIM-Merged-All.esp

29 RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

2A RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp

2B Frostfall.esp

2C RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp

2D RealisticWaterTwo - Dragonborn.esp

2E SOS - Shop.esp

2F PNDDPR.esp

30 FNISspells.esp

31 Immersive NPC in the dark.esp

32 Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp

33 RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp

34 RealisticWaterTwi - Dawnguard.esp

35 Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp

36 Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp

37 SLAnimLoader.esp

38 UIExtensions.esp

39 SexLabTools.esp

3A SLALAnimObj.esp

3B SexLabDefeat.esp

3C SexLabMatchMaker.esp

3D MoreNastyCritters.esp

3E SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp

3F SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp

40 SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp

41 RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp

42 RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp

43 RND_AnimalLoot.esp

44 Watercolor_for_END_RWT_RND.esp

45 TheEyesOfBeauty.esp

46 Scent of Sex.esp

47 TDF Aroused Rape.esp

48 RaceMenu.esp

49 RaceMenuPlugin.esp

4A XPMSE.esp

4B BodySlotsMCM.esp

4C M2M_Animations.esp

4D ASIS-Dependency.esp

I am at my wit's end. It is so frustrating that I am so close to making my game playable but this one thing keeps shutting me down. I will legitimately put $10 into the PayPal of your choosing if you can help me solve this issue. So, a real quest with a real reward!

8am 1.rtf

8am 2.rtf

Well Have you tried unistalling any mods and testing the game, I had a nasty bug in mine that basically no matter the exterior cell the game would insta crash so I disabled everything and added them one by one making a new character, my advice would be if you're seeing SOS related items start there.

Archived