[REQ]BBP skimpyTownsfolk outfits

From the comments section:

Currently i have not had a strong enough pull to start back up on this Armor replacer. I do want to finish it but with Steam sales, SFM, and friends wanting to play other games, makes it hard to come back to it.

I know that feeling.

Yaaaaaaah... but it's for chsbhc. I DESPISE the fact that the only really decent CBBE armor replacer is most likely never going to be complete... but as much as it drives me crazy, it's not enough to make me switch to CHSBHC.

I don't have a PROBLEM with cherry's body, in fact it was the very first one I ever used after buying skyrim. I just had a LOT of issues with lack of new armors, lack of support, lack of updates.

Now the opposite is happening, but I have grown FAR too fond of body slide and I won't give it up easily. LOL

We just need to find someone else who will make a replacer or take up where killer keo left off.

PS: I realize mako made some FANTASTIC armors... but I don't agree on his body of choice. I know it's not a particularly popular opinion, but I DON'T like big butts, and I cannot lie. LOL Now if Mako's armors could be converted to be body slide compatible... THEN I would completely switch from keo's and just go with Mako's!

*Wink wink nudge nudge*

Yes, I know of JeremeW5257's clothes mod but with CHSBHC,well, i am not really fond of the body mod's wide hips and areola mesh.I also think am going to stick with CBBE, at list until UNPB becomes more supported (hoping for convertion of Alan's and MAK's armor compilations) or if a DMRA body mod comes.

You could always install the BBP armour pack from http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8315

There are loads of BBP armours and clothes in there and I use the CK to make all the default clothing and armour use these textures. For example, I have farmclothes01 as LadyDeath, iron armour as Dark Lillith and mage robes as King of Worms.

Takes a couple of hours in the CK to do it all but it's well worth it.

You could always install the BBP armour pack from http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=8315

There are loads of BBP armours and clothes in there and I use the CK to make all the default clothing and armour use these textures. For example' date=' I have farmclothes01 as LadyDeath, iron armour as Dark Lillith and mage robes as King of Worms.

Takes a couple of hours in the CK to do it all but it's well worth it.

[/quote']

Where do you learn to tell the game to use armors from Alan's BBP pack in place of Vanilla armors using the creation kit? tell me where to learn this and I WILL love you forever because this is exactly what I have been wanting to do.

If you just want to make a vanilla armor/clothes use custom meshes/textures, you don't even have to go through the CK. Just copy+paste the armor/cloth you want to use into the vanilla mesh's folder, rename it to the original name and you can use it as if it were farm clothes or whatever.

Soooo, use a BSA unpacker on the Alan BSA to get at the meshes and textures and use those?

Will the meshes on NPC's use the same 'BreastSizeAdjustment' .esp that the PlayerChar uses?

And thanks BTW.

I meant it when I said I would lub u

EDIT: And OMG. So I dug down into doing what you suggested. I has a problem. In the vanilla mesh folder there is just a torso_0 and torso_1 file, but the custom armor has feet parts to go with it. what do I name those when i put them in the vanilla folder? Also, there are waaaay more texture files in the the custom armor texture than in the vanilla? so how would I go about naming those?

As a test to see if I could do this, I was going to try and replace the female barkeep vanilla armor with the Ars Magicka set from AlanBBP. So, I dont know what to do with the feet mesh files from ars magicka, and I dont know how to get 12-14 Ars Magicka texture files to translate into 5 vanilla barkeeper texture files

edit.2: figuring it out. thanks again

I used BSAOpt to extract the meshes and textures folders from Alan's BSA file into my Skyrim Data folder. You then load up the CK and set it to use skyrim.esm. Go to ArmorAddons and edit the armor you are interested in (such as IronCuirass for example). In the 'female' section just browse to the meshes for the armor you want (for example meshes - armor - Bazoongas Workshop - hellonheels - cuirass_1.nif).

You can then go to ArmorAddons and choose IronBoots and in the 'female' section set it to use meshes - armor - Bazoongas Workshop - hellonheels - boots_1.nif)

Make the changes to the rest of the armours and then save to an esp.

Or you could try that file renaming trick the others have mentioned but I don't have any experience of doing it that way.

Archived