EVE V9.2 + KLEOS | 2024-04-29 UPDATE

On 1/23/2022 at 11:29 PM, ephiny-asunder said:

Hello, thanks for the heads up! Not sure why the alternative download was broken, but it's fixed now.

So I've gone through the last handful of pages in the comments, and this is the closest thing I noticed to addressing my confusion currently!

Sometime around new year's, I went and got fresh copies of all my mods' download files as a backup. Something recently started kicking up a few errors so I backed up that active mod folder, dumped it, boredom hit and I yet again went to grab fresh installs of some of the more basic/core functionality mods in my game (like EVE 8.2). The reason for this comment, tho. Is I can see in my older backup, that the files are named, as an example, MYOBI-EVEv8.2BOTTOM-default.package when they were unzipped. But now if I try to grab either the LL download or the Dropbox download, the zip file unpacks them without the .2 in title, so the comparative file is titled MYOBI-EVEv8BOTTOM-default.package. This issue affects each file in the zip (aka, they seem to be an older release). Did the naming convention get simplified since you had to reupload due to the broken download (kinda doubting since it leads to mega confusion like I'm experiencing)? Or was the wrong file uploaded? Or have I lost the one frying circuit in my brain finally? Attaching the navigation pic of the Dropbox files for visual verification. Appreciate your work!

EVE8.2.zip_-_Opera_2022-03-14_02-07-15.png

On 3/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, SchizoKita said:

So I've gone through the last handful of pages in the comments, and this is the closest thing I noticed to addressing my confusion currently!

Sometime around new year's, I went and got fresh copies of all my mods' download files as a backup. Something recently started kicking up a few errors so I backed up that active mod folder, dumped it, boredom hit and I yet again went to grab fresh installs of some of the more basic/core functionality mods in my game (like EVE 8.2). The reason for this comment, tho. Is I can see in my older backup, that the files are named, as an example, MYOBI-EVEv8.2BOTTOM-default.package when they were unzipped. But now if I try to grab either the LL download or the Dropbox download, the zip file unpacks them without the .2 in title, so the comparative file is titled MYOBI-EVEv8BOTTOM-default.package. This issue affects each file in the zip (aka, they seem to be an older release). Did the naming convention get simplified since you had to reupload due to the broken download (kinda doubting since it leads to mega confusion like I'm experiencing)? Or was the wrong file uploaded? Or have I lost the one frying circuit in my brain finally? Attaching the navigation pic of the Dropbox files for visual verification. Appreciate your work!

EVE8.2.zip_-_Opera_2022-03-14_02-07-15.png

Thank you for posting this. It's technically a mistake on my part to remove the .2 from the name, but actually the body meshes between the 8 and 8.2 update are the same. The .2 just added in the preset files and the overlays. There is no change between the mesh files, so as long as you have a version of 8, you have the right ones.

On 4/2/2022 at 9:26 PM, ephiny-asunder said:

Thank you for posting this. It's technically a mistake on my part to remove the .2 from the name, but actually the body meshes between the 8 and 8.2 update are the same. The .2 just added in the preset files and the overlays. There is no change between the mesh files, so as long as you have a version of 8, you have the right ones.

Thanks so much for the response! Good to know, and appreciate your work as always!!

I really like this mod, but I ran into an issue:

In CAS I was checking out the vag overlay in skin details, but no color matched my Sim (she's a spellcaster, I think this uses special skin tones). So I wanted to delete the overlay by clicking the red cross, but the overlay doesn't go away. No matter what I do.

It could be something with CAS and not the mod tbh, for CAS no longer shows the face options (top icon when clicking on the face, apparently a known bug even in vanilla). I can only get this menu item to show up by selecting 'change Sim' when using a mirror (using a wardrobe doesn't work) or by typing cas.fulleditmode.

Anyone know the best way to 'clean up' the game without losing my current Sims and WW settings?

(Edit: I already tried moving my 'The Sims 4' folder -> Ran TS4 once (and enabled custom content and scripts) -> moved back 'Mods', 'Tray' and 'saves' folders. But the problem persists, CAS still shows no face options unless I use the full edit command)

Edited by SFC76
Added information