Legacy of the Dragonborn + Wyre Bash Help

Hello,

I have googled these concerns and it is my first time using wyre bash, so I apologise if it could be found.

On Legacy of the Dragonborn:

- Based on what I've found, it is possible to run SexLab and Legacy at the same time provided I didn't download a plethora of sex animations, and that I use Crash Fixes, TES5Edit, LOOT, and FNIS. Can this be confirmed?

- For Alternate Start, do I have to pick relic hunter?

- Is it alright to activate Helgen Reborn as long as I do not select the vanilla game introduction?

- It says the addon patches are SkyRe and Requiem. I have googled and searches are keep on related to which overhaul should be used rather than if they can be used simultaneously. Can they?

On Wyre Bash:

This is the current selection. Do I uncheck here, or do I manually deactivate them using NMM?

post-666950-0-17677400-1496227038_thumb.jpg

Are these mods alright to be merged into a bashed patch? (I have not yet installed all the other mods required for Legacy, but these plugins are the ones that appear so far.

post-666950-0-03213500-1496227097_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I'm sorry the Wyre Bash are noob questions but this is my first time attempting to use it, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hello,

I have googled these concerns and it is my first time using wyre bash, so I apologise if it could be found.

On Legacy of the Dragonborn:

- Based on what I've found, it is possible to run SexLab and Legacy at the same time provided I didn't download a plethora of sex animations, and that I use Crash Fixes, TES5Edit, LOOT, and FNIS. Can this be confirmed?

- For Alternate Start, do I have to pick relic hunter?

- Is it alright to activate Helgen Reborn as long as I do not select the vanilla game introduction?

- It says the addon patches are SkyRe and Requiem. I have googled and searches are keep on related to which overhaul should be used rather than if they can be used simultaneously. Can they?

On Wyre Bash:

This is the current selection. Do I uncheck here, or do I manually deactivate them using NMM?

attachicon.gifWyreBash1.jpg

Are these mods alright to be merged into a bashed patch? (I have not yet installed all the other mods required for Legacy, but these plugins are the ones that appear so far.

attachicon.gifWyreBash2.jpg

Thank you. I'm sorry the Wyre Bash are noob questions but this is my first time attempting to use it, so I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I can confirm that Legacy of the Dragonborn works with sexlab just fine.   Make sure that you also downloaded the SKSE preloader and set OSallocators on in the config file for crash fixes. Also do not forget the legacy of the dragonborn patches.. they are in a different mod page on nexus.

You do not have to start as a relic hunter to make use of Legacy of the Dragonborn.  It is an optional feature and you can become a relic hunter at any point in the game regardless of the start you chose.

Helgen reborn is actually fine to activate at any point.  Just do not read the book that comes with it until you have already finished the helgen intro.. and then waited 4 days.  You can use vanilla start just fine.

For wrye bash.. it will automatically merge and deactivate those files for you... just click ok.  At that point you no longer need to activate them in your load order.    If you do NOT want them merged into your bashed patch, THEN you would need to deactiveate them, build the patch... and then reactivate them after.

I can confirm that Legacy of the Dragonborn works with sexlab just fine.   Make sure that you also downloaded the SKSE preloader and set OSallocators on in the config file for crash fixes. Also do not forget the legacy of the dragonborn patches.. they are in a different mod page on nexus.

You do not have to start as a relic hunter to make use of Legacy of the Dragonborn.  It is an optional feature and you can become a relic hunter at any point in the game regardless of the start you chose.

Helgen reborn is actually fine to activate at any point.  Just do not read the book that comes with it until you have already finished the helgen intro.. and then waited 4 days.  You can use vanilla start just fine.

For wrye bash.. it will automatically merge and deactivate those files for you... just click ok.  At that point you no longer need to activate them in your load order.    If you do NOT want them merged into your bashed patch, THEN you would need to deactiveate them, build the patch... and then reactivate them after.

Thank you for the quick reply. Again, apologies for asking noob questions but I just want to make sure I can run the game smoothly.

I have SKSE preloader and Crash Fixes before planning to install Legacy.

The patch for Legacy of the Dragonborn is the patch for the "addon patches" as labelled under the mod page? This means that this is the only patch needed to fix that?

Are there any adjustments needed for Requiem and SkyRe since they are both overhauls which deal and overlap over certain areas?

Where would the backup file for patches prior to modification under WyreBash be, and how do I undo the patch in case of a nif corruption or other errors?

Thank you very much for your help

Thank you for the quick reply. Again, apologies for asking noob questions but I just want to make sure I can run the game smoothly.

I have SKSE preloader and Crash Fixes before planning to install Legacy.

The patch for Legacy of the Dragonborn is the patch for the "addon patches" as labelled under the mod page? This means that this is the only patch needed to fix that?

Are there any adjustments needed for Requiem and SkyRe since they are both overhauls which deal and overlap over certain areas?

Where would the backup file for patches prior to modification under WyreBash be, and how do I undo the patch in case of a nif corruption or other errors?

Thank you very much for your help

Wrye bash will not alter or manipulate your nif files.  The files merged into the patch will not be altered either.  They will simply be incorporated into your bashed patch.  You can rebuild this patch if you encounter errors. Your esp files that had been merged will remain where they are and simply be disabled.  You can enable them again if you wish, but the reason bash merges them is to create extra space toward your ESP file limit.

I cannot verify that this load will work smoothly with requiem or skyre.  I personally use Ordinator and this seems to work sufficiently.  Will your game be completely smooth?  No.   The more scripts you have running.. the higher the likelihood of encountering CTD or script misfires on occasion.  

Legacy of the dragonborn comes with an autostash and autosort feature.  You will need to avoid having sexlab scripts (or other scripts) running when you use these features.   But you have control over when those will happen and can easily avoid the situation.

Considering that every pc seems to behave a little bit differently, YMMV.  But for the most part, I have successfully enjoyed a fairly smooth run with a vast library of SL mods in conjunction with Legacy.  Including campfire, frostfall, ineed.  You will need to test for yourself to find the right balance of mods in your game.  

All I can attest to, is that you can run legacy and SL together sufficiently.  Anything you add on top of that will assuredly increase your script burden.

Wrye bash will not alter or manipulate your nif files.  The files merged into the patch will not be altered either.  They will simply be incorporated into your bashed patch.  You can rebuild this patch if you encounter errors. Your esp files that had been merged will remain where they are and simply be disabled.  You can enable them again if you wish, but the reason bash merges them is to create extra space toward your ESP file limit.

I cannot verify that this load will work smoothly with requiem or skyre.  I personally use Ordinator and this seems to work sufficiently.  Will your game be completely smooth?  No.   The more scripts you have running.. the higher the likelihood of encountering CTD or script misfires on occasion.  

Legacy of the dragonborn comes with an autostash and autosort feature.  You will need to avoid having sexlab scripts (or other scripts) running when you use these features.   But you have control over when those will happen and can easily avoid the situation.

Considering that every pc seems to behave a little bit differently, YMMV.  But for the most part, I have successfully enjoyed a fairly smooth run with a vast library of SL mods in conjunction with Legacy.  Including campfire, frostfall, ineed.  You will need to test for yourself to find the right balance of mods in your game.  

All I can attest to, is that you can run legacy and SL together sufficiently.  Anything you add on top of that will assuredly increase your script burden.

I apologise again but now I appear to be uncertain in which mods I need to install for Legacy. I went here to see which mods I need to install: http://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.wikia.com/wiki/Supported_Mods

I have all of those mods activated even Wyrmstooth. However, in the Nexus Front Page, certain addon patch mods are indicated as supported mods in the website link. Does this mean I have to install all addon patches as mentioned in the nexus page? Because, until now, NMM still says I have en error installing the mod, presumably because I did not install all of the mods required. 

P.S. I have read another page where it says I need to have requiem installed, but does not mention anything of redone. So I have to use requiem despite preferring redone?

I apologise again but now I appear to be uncertain in which mods I need to install for Legacy. I went here to see which mods I need to install: http://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.wikia.com/wiki/Supported_Mods

I have all of those mods activated even Wyrmstooth. However, in the Nexus Front Page, certain addon patch mods are indicated as supported mods in the website link. Does this mean I have to install all addon patches as mentioned in the nexus page? Because, until now, NMM still says I have en error installing the mod, presumably because I did not install all of the mods required. 

P.S. I have read another page where it says I need to have requiem installed, but does not mention anything of redone. So I have to use requiem despite preferring redone?

Those are just the supported mods.  You can chose to install them if you wish, but they are not required.  They all interact with legacy in some way.

Here are the official instructions on installing legacy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50613/?

Here are the patches for legacy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72921/?

You do not need requiem.. in fact requiem and legacy will not really work well together, especially in terms of balance. 

Those are just the supported mods.  You can chose to install them if you wish, but they are not required.  They all interact with legacy in some way.

Here are the official instructions on installing legacy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/50613/?

Here are the patches for legacy http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72921/?

You do not need requiem.. in fact requiem and legacy will not really work well together, especially in terms of balance. 

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I do have trouble downloading the core file. Whenever I extract it, it says there is a data error. Not NMM's problem because I tried extracting it in a random folder. I also attempted to download from a different browser along with temporarily disabling firewalls. I tried searching it online but it appears that no one shares the same problem. Do you know what could be the problem? 

P.S. I finally managed to have it successfully installed by downloading the file from Firefox into a USB. Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate it.