i saw this mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20601 ) and i'm wondering if the system could be applied to other existing armors on LL and the nexus. from what i've gathered by looking at the mod's contents, the armor keeps the same mesh and then switches textures via a scripted enchanted ring that monitors health. as your hp drops, the armor switches to a different texture that has a more torn-up texture. when you heal, the texture goes back to normal.

considering that this only changes textures, i'm guessing that it would be much easier to make BU armors in skyrim than in oblivion, since in oblivion it was required to make entirely new meshes and textures.

i saw this mod ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20601 ) and i'm wondering if the system could be applied to other existing armors on LL and the nexus. from what i've gathered by looking at the mod's contents' date=' the armor keeps the same mesh and then switches textures via a scripted enchanted ring that monitors health. as your hp drops, the armor switches to a different texture that has a more torn-up texture. when you heal, the texture goes back to normal.

considering that this only changes textures, i'm guessing that it would be much easier to make BU armors in skyrim than in oblivion, since in oblivion it was required to make entirely new meshes and textures.

[/quote']

I have a working BU mod made that doesn't require any tokens, and works by changing out the meshes like in Oblivion. I need to thoroughly test it though and have been extremely busy with other things. However, once I get around to it I may be able to combine the functionality of this mod with mine so that a texture swapper or mesh swapper are available. Would like to dig into this to see the inner mechanics of it.

Well, that would be good, but I still have the problem of having to actually make BU armors haha (the mechanics do work for players and NPCs though, at least in my test situations). I made one to test with, but I would like to make a replacer for the stock armors so that it can be tested game-wide (for NPCs and the player). I think I may make a point to do it when I finish this school quarter in a few weeks.

Oops' date=' missed that when I posted it. Thought I had a different one. Maybe I shouldn't post after drinking :P

May want to chill out next time though. Your comment is pretty darn rude. No need for that here.

[/quote']

are you kidding me, i just asked you if you read the comments

do you want all the words sugarcoated?

• 3 months later...

I had been thinking about this, wouldnt it be reproducable using invisible tokens that add up as you take more damage, but stay when you heal (so healing in the middle of a fight doesnt magically repair your ripped gear.) Then script a repair item that lowers the number of tokens by X number...

So you could set several % numbers (100/75/50/25 etc) as a token number? (This might mean armor would have to be broken at a certain number of hits, but it would be better than basing it off health which can rise and lower at any time.)

I dont know how to explain it easily, but heres an example: You set the first damage amount to 10 hits. Every hit gives one token, so 10 hits later you get your first armor change. Then later you want to repair it, so you use the repair item on it, to make it look brand new. (Much like how BU works in Oblivion.)

I am not 100% sure how scripting works in Skyrim, but it might be possible to extend this to armor being unequipped, or protecting less, or many other things.

Would this be possible/viable?