Need help with custom gun mods..

Ok so I made a custom esp with ALL the gun mods from nexus etc, The guns work however, ALL the mod attachments appear for every weapon (Ex- Shotgun stock for 10mm pistol..) My question is, what step did I miss to make the mods exclusive to each gun, is it just the Mod Association (MA_) keyword? or is it something else.. I dont wanna go through and add the MA_ keyword to all 200+ guns if this wont fix my issue..

Ok so I made a custom esp with ALL the gun mods from nexus etc, The guns work however, ALL the mod attachments appear for every weapon (Ex- Shotgun stock for 10mm pistol..) My question is, what step did I miss to make the mods exclusive to each gun, is it just the Mod Association (MA_) keyword? or is it something else.. I dont wanna go through and add the MA_ keyword to all 200+ guns if this wont fix my issue..

Just below the APPR attach parent slots section of FO4EDIT you will find the Object Template.

Create a Combination, then an Include below that.

Combinations can be used to apply includes based on a variety of things like player level et.

In the include section I've found the following works:

Include #0 for Receiver slot

Include #1 for Grip

Include #2 for Barrel

Include #3 for magazine

Include #4 for Scope

You can have multiple Combinations (top of Object Template section) to define different setups and different requirements.

e.g. for Combination 1, player level 1-5 give them access to low level mods, for Combination 2, player level 30-50 give them something more powerful, et.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant when I have the gun and take it to the work-bench to modify it myself, it has the option to attach every mod to it even assault rifle mods for a pistol for example. 

The Combination/Include section works on a weapon to let you define which mods will be applied to that weapon.

If you use the Combination/Include section entries (not leaving it blank) you won't see other mods, only the ones you entered.

In the include say for  Slot #0 for receiver, you would add the formid of the specific receiver that will work with that weapon, example:

mod_PlasmaGun_PlasmaReceiver_MoreDamage3 "Overcharged Capacitor" [OMOD:0019ECCC]

When you go to the weapons workbench this mod will be accessible.

If you wanted another receiver you would make another Combination/Include and add the formid of that mod and so on and so on. I've tried applying Formlists with a number of mods, but the includes won't take formlist entries so I end up making a lot of combination/includes for each weapon.

I'm not the expert on this topic, if someone else knows how to apply an array to a single formid entry in the include section, please let us know.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant when I have the gun and take it to the work-bench to modify it myself, it has the option to attach every mod to it even assault rifle mods for a pistol for example. 

The short answer is it sounds like your Keyword section has extra/missing mod association keywords. Or the OMOD records are missing the mod association keywords. The former is more likely from the sound of things. If it's the latter then it's because you have another mod that's screwing with the OMOD records. Maybe the mod - any mod, any weapon?

You could simply take 1 or 2 weapons and adjust their settings to see if it gives you the desired end result in game. If you have a sample ESP I would be willing to look at it and see if anything pops out as obvious.

I appreciate the reply, however that cant be it, because i havent modified the vanilla 10mm at all, yet im getting shotgun mods (from a custom shotgun i added) able to be applied to it. Im gonna test my MA_ keyword theory, hopefully that fixes.

Thanks again for the help either way, I appreciate your time

Edit - Thanks Slap, I thought it had something to do with the MA_ keywords, I just didnt wanna waste my time adding them to all 200 guns if that wasnt it, and maybe was hoping for something easier lol..

'Notha Edit - Yeah I see I didnt make new MA_ keywords for ANY guns or mods I added, which would explain why all the mods work for any gun lol.. Gonna try to add the MA_ keywords and see if that fixes it, If so ill update this topic as resolved

Archived