Problem with Reguard skin color

I'm using HGEC body and a very nice 2048x2048 hires texture pack that had a nice installer with good options.

Dark Elf and Orc looks fine (same for Imperial, nord, wood elf)...the body color matches the face for complextion and color. But when I make a Redguard, the face is dark skin but the body is pretty much very light skin like a nord.

Any ideas? Missing a file? a setting?

I tried reinstalling the hi-rez texture pack, and nothing changed.

Thanks in advance.

And looking now, the skin color does change slightly when I work the Redguard complextion. But there's a HUGE color difference at the neck.

The body is a light brown while the face a rich brown. I'm use to a slight difference with other character - but this is rough.

Do I need new "maps" or something for the face?

It's so odd the orc and D-Elf match pretty close to the point it doesn't both me, but on Redguard it's waaaayyy off.

Bethesda for some reason decided to just take skin maps from imperials and make them darker to make redguards. This was very lazy and resulted in numerous skin issues for redguards. I recommend scraping the whole thing and installing a mod that gives redguards their own look and maps like these:

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/10753

or

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/31174

Read all the instructions to avoid errors.

I hope this helps.

Oddly enough, I find that Nords make better looking Redguards than Redguards themselves do... Bretons make amazing Middle-Eastern looking NPCs (at least the females...), btw.

I use F-INev Skinset for the human races, and leave Osmo's skins for elven races and Orcs. Although Ploms has the best Orc mod ever created by anyone, there are a few NPCs that will benefit from a good old glossy Ozmo's skin.

I also use IFT, and Younger Hotter NPCs (the version called HGEC Fighter Growing Pubic Hair by Dude2000). It works fine with normal HGEC, and DMRA. SPB bodies? Not so much. Hit and miss there...

I have seam replacers installed, but I only need them for the MBP races and their insane jumble of mismatched textures. My vanilla (and my custom) races are glorious and almost seemless.

Archived