How to enable hair color on non-colorable hair?

A'ight here's the story. There's a certain hdt hair that i really like using right now, but the front hair clipped to my char's face at times. That ticks me off.

Then the wig version came out. In this version, the front hair clipping problem are fixed.

But i don't fancy wigs, so i replace the racemenu hair mesh version with the wig one. Everything works fine, the hdt, no clipping in the face, it's great!

Except for one thing: the hair color doesn't work.

I have absolutely no idea how to make the hair colorable, so if someone could show me how to enable hair color, it would be greatly appreciated.

The hair and the wig came from this armor mod, in case you guys wanna know.

But i don't fancy wigs, so i replace the racemenu hair mesh version with the wig one. Everything works fine, the hdt, no clipping in the face, it's great!

With nifskope open your wig file and set BSLightingShaderPropertyShaderType into "Hair Tint".

post-34262-0-91867800-1493908944_thumb.jpg

With nifskope open your wig file and set BSLightingShaderPropertyShaderType into "Hair Tint".

attachicon.gifHair.jpg

It's already set to this in the wig file before replacing and the hair is still not colorable. Is there any other things i need to check?

The wig version that you asked about, it's the "NA_Hair_helm" correct ? the only one that doesn't work with hair coloring.

Actually, if you use the NA_Hair (outer hair) & NA_HairHL (inner hair) to replace any hair meshes it would be working just fine since the hair model are practically the same as NA_Hair_helm (outer hair and inner hair combined in one file).

If you want to stick with the NA_Hair_Helm, then you need to enable "SLSF1_Hair_Soft_Lighting" in the Shader Flags 1 (check my ss above), do it on both nitrishape shader. 

Per PsychoMachina on making headparts tintable:

Step One:  [Nifskope] Editing the Meshes.

Open the mesh in Nifscope.
Go to 0 NiNode > NiTrishapeData > BSLightingShaderProperty.
In the Block Details window for BSLightingShaderProperty, you will need to edit:

• Skyrim Shader Type
  • Shader Flags 1
  • Shader Flags 2

[skyrim Shader Type] Change the Value of Skyrim Shader Type by double-clicking on the value field and changing it to HAIR TINT.

[shader Flags 1] For Shader Flags 1, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list.  Check (add) the following flags:

• SLSF1_Hair Soft_Lighting.

[shader Flags 2] For Shader Flags 2, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list.  Check (add) the following flags:

• SLSF2_Vertex_Colors
  • SLSF2_Assume_Shadowmask

Save the mesh.
Done.

Should work just as well for a wig-to-hair, I'd assume. I might be wrong!

If you want to stick with the NA_Hair_Helm, then you need to enable "SLSF1_Hair_Soft_Lighting" in the Shader Flags 1 (check my ss above), do it on both nitrishape shader.

That did the trick! No more clipping in the face, no more uncolorable hair, no more wig!

atX6kfZ4.jpg

Thank you very much Mr a!

Per PsychoMachina on making headparts tintable:

Step One: [Nifskope] Editing the Meshes.

Open the mesh in Nifscope.

Go to 0 NiNode > NiTrishapeData > BSLightingShaderProperty.

In the Block Details window for BSLightingShaderProperty, you will need to edit:

• Skyrim Shader Type
  • Shader Flags 1
  • Shader Flags 2
[skyrim Shader Type] Change the Value of Skyrim Shader Type by double-clicking on the value field and changing it to HAIR TINT.

[shader Flags 1] For Shader Flags 1, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list. Check (add) the following flags:

• SLSF1_Hair Soft_Lighting.
[shader Flags 2] For Shader Flags 2, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list. Check (add) the following flags:
  • SLSF2_Vertex_Colors
  • SLSF2_Assume_Shadowmask
Save the mesh.

Done.

Should work just as well for a wig-to-hair, I'd assume. I might be wrong!

All of the things you posted here are either already mentioned by anubis or are already checked by the mod author himself, however i saw that the shadowmask isn't checked in the wig (now a hair). Since this is came from psychoMachina himself, i might as well check this too, might improve the quality, i have absolutely no idea what this does tho.

Thank you for both of your help, it is greatly appreciated!

Archived