Mai MPM for Beach Paradise

Holden - DOAHDM

As a lot of you probably know already, Autolink 3.0x added support for Pai, Sarah, Alpha and (technically) Mai for Private Paradise motions, however, as it stands, there is no functioning Mai MPM for Private Paradise that I'm aware of. 

This little file is very important to me, because it functions as a foundation from which I can implement lots of other animations for her. I lack the technical skill to hex edit the MPM files or whatever it is you would do make that final step towards making her appear in Private Paradise.

So I ask the community, does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone have the technical expertise to make this a reality? Am I just being an idiot and overlooking an existing Mai MPM that already exists out there for Private Paradise? 

I was able to get Mai working in Private Paradise extracting her moveset list (MAI_INGAME.mpm)from Link Reshuffle and loading it and was able to see her jab animation...I didn't play around with it long enough to insert the movie animations but I think I'll try that now. But I think it might be easier if we could find the location of Mai's victory/lose animation files we'll be onto something. 

Barring that, an updated version of the motion tool with a couple more options. Maybe there is some sort of character identifier encrypted somewhere in the .mpm files that we haven't found yet seeing as how they're not freely transferable between characters. Just mai thoughts.

I was able to get Mai working in Private Paradise extracting her moveset list (MAI_INGAME.mpm)from Link Reshuffle and loading it and was able to see her jab animation...I didn't play around with it long enough to insert the movie animations but I think I'll try that now. But I think it might be easier if we could find the location of Mai's victory/lose animation files we'll be onto something. 

Barring that, an updated version of the motion tool with a couple more options. Maybe there is some sort of character identifier encrypted somewhere in the .mpm files that we haven't found yet seeing as how they're not freely transferable between characters. Just mai thoughts.

I actually tried that but didn't see anything, perhaps I should try again

Welp, just as you said. 

rgHAuNE.jpg

I guess I'm a moron

Thank you very much Ach22

Okay I think I'm onto something. It looks like line 87 of the hip information for MAI_INGAME.mpm controls what is output for Beach Paradise:

post-1171231-0-66146700-1493604039_thumb.png

I loaded Sarah's hips motion data into this slot, loaded up a pre cooked parvateparadise.ini file with the Mai.tdpack included in autolink 3.02 and it works like a charm...

post-1171231-0-17432600-1493603962.gif

There are gonna be some kinks to work out but this definitely has us somewhere I think :)

post-1171231-0-17432600-1493603962_thumb.gif

Well for now we've got a supremely ghetto way to get her loaded :D I think our options now are (ugh) wait until there's a new version of Motion Data Tool that can either give us a way to add/remove hand & face bone groups so we can basically build this stuff from scratch/wait for an update that lets us see where the character identifier number is located in the .mpm the way the .tdpacks have it (mai is 48, honoka is 45, etc) so we can modify that info. I would love this option cause it means our guy Gamjo can make a tool that'll spit out 21 tdpack AND mpm files from a single template which I know would save you a million hours of time.

But to retreat what I said earlier I think our best short term option is deep dive into the game assets until we can find her victory/defeat motions. Those have all the hand and face movement info that "talks" to in-game movie player the exact same way the beach paradise files work. So my theory is once we can locate those we should be able to strip out the victory/defeat motion data with the pole dance stuff, etc and we'll be good to go!

But where to start? 

Well for now we've got a supremely ghetto way to get her loaded :D I think our options now are (ugh) wait until there's a new version of Motion Data Tool that can either give us a way to add/remove hand & face bone groups so we can basically build this stuff from scratch/wait for an update that lets us see where the character identifier number is located in the .mpm the way the .tdpacks have it so we can modify that info.

But to retreat what I said earlier I think our best option, is deep dive into the game assets until we can find her victory/defeat motions. Those have all the hand and face movement info that "talks" to in-game movie player the exact same way the beach paradise files work. So my theory is once we can locate those we should be able to strip out the victory/defeat motion data with the pole dance stuff, etc and we'll be good to go!

But where to start? 

I know where her victory and defeat motions are, it's just that those are packed into .tdpack files (the motion data is in there too), and you can't use that file as an MPM or else it will crash. 

I know where her victory and defeat motions are, it's just that those are packed into .tdpack files (the motion data is in there too), and you can't use that file as an MPM or else it will crash. 

Fuuuuuuuck! Hm. 

Where are her victory/defeat motions located in the game files? Maybe I could figure something out with those if I play around a bit later.

Not related but if it helps anyone else there trying to split the Mai atom I saved this info a while ago, I think it could come in handy if our only option now is to build our own working MAI.MPM from scratch:

Character IDs in .tdpack:

16 alpha152
13 ayane
20 christie
7 helena
21 hitomi
45 honoka
5 kasumi
10 kokoro
12 leifang
15 lisa
48 mai
42 marie
30 mila
39 momiji
47 naotora
44 nyotengu
33 pai
43 phase4
40 rachel
32 sarah
1 tina

edit: added alpha152, sarah, pai, naotora

One idea I'm going to play around with tomorrow is to take several characters' beach paradise mpm files, strip down all the animation frames to, like, 5 frames of animation (to eliminate excess data), sift through them and see what differences I can find. 

Simply trying to convert all instances of 2F (naotora's character ID in hex) to 30 (mai's character ID in hex) didn't work...but for kicks I tried to load that Mai MPM file for Naotora's movie and surprisingly it still worked for her so character IDs don't seem to be a factor in MPM files lol

If all else fails perhaps we can encourage FallingCat to see if he can make 3.04 try to load Mai's private paradise as though it were swapping victory/defeat animation instead of a beach paradise movie? (easier said than done I know)...I'm still feeling hopeful though.I had fun playing around with this stuff tonight & to me we've still got some options left not fully explored :)

We'll crack this one I know it!!!!!

is it possible for someone to post a WIP MAI.mpm? imo having something is better than nothing :)

thanks!!

-edit-

thanks to the info posted, i was able to make one myself. i guess the only thing needed is to remove the fan inside her body(without deleting it completely from her org TMC\TMCL files)

Guest Gamjo

I wish he'd give it to me  :ph34r:

It would be good if there was a release of this.

I started to convert all the Pole Dance animations I have done over to 3.02, and had planned to include a load more stages, but it doesn't really seem worth doing without a working MPM for Mai :(

Archived