Crash on load

Recently every time I try to load my saves the game crashes. I've managed to narrow down where the issue lies due to having multiple profiles. I can save and load all I want as long as certain mods haven't been included. Consistently I end up crashing if I try to use Slaverun or Slave Girls. For my current play I wanted to use Slaverun. I can open the game and play it consistently with no issue, than save. Once I try to reload anything that has those mods it crashes. I'm uncertain if its something in my mod order or clashing mods, or something else I just don't understand about it. Can someone help me out? I'm attaching the Papyrus log and Load Order from my game, I use Mod Organizer if that helps. 

Papyrus.0.log

loadorder.txt

Are you trying to load a save directly from the menu? Often, heavily modded games will have trouble loading a save directly that way. Try starting a new game and loading from that. You have LAL so that's easy, but sometimes it will crash even so. In that case try opening the console and inputting "coc qasmoke" (no quotes) to start a new game in the secret test cell, then load your save.

If that fails, run LOOT. Just eyeballing your LO it looks like you may have some issues (not entirely sure, though), so if you haven't done it yet, try LOOT. Then start a new game and try to load your save from the new game.

You also seem to have some weather enhancement mods. I'm not familiar with those in Skyrim but they were always a source of trouble in FNV. If you can live without them, they may reduce some of the stress on the engine.

Slaverun is a pretty script-intensive mod, and those are highly sensitive to what's being run in conjunction with them. You may want to disable everything but its requirements and any mods the author recommends to run alongside it.

Check MO's right pane for warning icons.

Install Crash Fixes and its dependencies.

If the game crashes when started from MO, restart MO before restarting SKSE through it.

I can try removing the weather ones for sure. A lot of times i'll open the game in one of the first saves in Abandoned prison, that'll load. Then open the actual save. On other games thats solved the problem, just not this time. When I was looking at potentially mods to remove it hadn't even occurred to me to think about the weather ones :) Thanks, I'll test that later this evening and see if it solves it (same with running Loot again)

I remember trying a save cleaner once but I couldn't seem to figure out how to make it work correctly, but I can definitely try using those specific ones. I haven't managed to solve the problem so far, so it cant hurt. I installed the crash fixes, which at the very least seems to be stopping my computer from freezing when it crashes so that's definitely a good thing. I ran Loot, but it didn't solve it either, and have removed the three weather related mods I had. They definitely aren't the most important to me and while they're interesting, they aren't quite interesting enough to sacrifice other mods. 

I did have one notice popping up when I go to load a game however that i'm trying to figure out. I can only guess it comes from crash fixes and is telling me about my memory and SKSE. It says if using Mod Organizer to do something about Forcing steam loadup with SKSE start up, I can't seem to find anything about that in MO so I went to try the other thing it said about editing the SKSE.ini. The problem is for the life of me I can't find any .ini files anywhere to edit them. The only way I can find them is there are two that pop up on MO's ini editor, but they aren't the SKSE one... so how do I find a .ini file to edit it? All I can find are .logs. 

Yes, those popups are Crash Fixes attempting to tell you what's wrong.

Have you started Skyrim through Steam since you installed it? Sometimes it can cause problems if the only way you try to start Skyrim is through SKSE. This can happen on a fresh install, or if you've had to validate your local files through Steam. To correct it, open your Steam library and launch Skyrim through Steam. Let it go through its autodetection process for setting your visuals, then you can quit the launcher. You do NOT need to actually launch Skyrim through Steam, just let the launcher set your audio and video settings and then quit the launcher and use SKSE (through MO) to launch the game.

As for SKSE, it resides in your Skyrim directory, not MO's Mods directory. Its .ini file should be there as well. If it doesn't exist there, you will need to create it. There are simple instructions at the S.T.E.P. Wiki. Be sure to watch Gamerpoets' video linked there as well. It will answer a lot of questions in a logical, easy-to-understand way. The link is at the bottom of that page. In fact, if you're trying to use MO without watching Gamerpoets' instructional videos, you should do yourself a favor and watch those as well.

EDIT: I'm not affiliated with Gamerpoets in any way, but I've been helped immensely by their stuff. When I provide help on these forums, I try to make it as clear and straightforward as their videos. But they know a LOT more about this stuff than I do.

The video definately helped, I tend to work best with videos so i can see so it definately made it easier than trying to follow just written instructions. I can't remember what video I had watched when I origionally set up my Mod Organizer and SKSE, but it had never mentioned the Skse.ini file so that WAS missing. I've added it in there now. Trying to load still results in crashing right now but that could just an issue thats occured with that save itself. I'll try starting from a working save in the game and going to a spot that I have a save crashing. (I did test just resaving from the working load and that worked at least.) I also opened my Skyrim from Steam again, just in case. I didn't see it loading anything, other then updating a mod that I grabbed from the workshop, which im not using in this play through. After adding the .ini file the crash fixes pop up hasn't appeared again. 

I don't have time right now to test it by going further at this time so i'll update once I have. :) Thank you very much :)

The issue seems to have been fixed now, I was missing the .ini file. After that I ended up missing a couple things downloading the Crash Fixes, but the games load without an issue. I’ve reintroduced Slaverun with no issue. I’m having minor crashing right now, but crash fixes is giving me recommendations that I’m testing out now. Something about ENBoost, but at least its playable now. I just have to save regularly until I get my games completely stabilized.

Thank you very much for helping me out! 

Archived