Minimising Loading Times?

XMan110

I am in the process of modding Skyrim LE from scratch again, including a big number of mods (70 and counting).

But what I noticed is that loading times are getting longer and longer - with loading times of around a minute for Whiterun despite avoiding resource-intensive mods (no ENB & 4k Textures) - despite having quite a number of mods remaining that I'd wish to add (not counting Sexlab related mods).

At first I suspected that I installed my Skyrim in my HDD, but it was actually located in my SSD all along. 

I'm still retrying, researching and experimenting on installing what I need, But in the meanwhile, what are any rules of thumb or must-dos that I have to keep in mind to minimise loading times? I'd hate to think how long it would get by the time I'm done :(

I double checked through all that you mentioned, and I already have both SKSE Mem patch (isn't it included with SKSE by default? Should have it enabled through SKSE.ini) and ENBoost setup. And launching through skse_loader goes without saying :P

Also I don't think autosave is the issue since it is right at the start of the game; namely loading between Menu and starting the game at Whiterun (area I'm using to check if mods are working).

That said, I do have a Radeon R9 390. Would that cause issues?

I have an r9390, loading is never more than 5 seconds using ssd but I have no idea why gpu brand would matter.

What most often will affect load times is tweaks to ini that affect papyrus update or turning on papyrus logging. Otherwise mods with a lot of cell scans or just a lot of scripted checks will slow you down.

good to hear! at least I can now know what to expect out of my rig :)

Are you careful not to have too many mods though? E.g. I am trying to now avoid using the big mods I am considering using such as Tamriel Reloaded HD, Optimized Vanilla Textures HD and some Armour Replacers.

Since a reduction in graphical fidelity would be worth having manageable loading time. Though if ~5 seconds is what I should aim for, then I need to see what is causing the long load times, as something is definitely wrong.

In the meanwhile I checked with CrashFix, which I had already installed. Ensured that in its .ini UseOSAllocators was set to 1; which apparently takes over Memory allocation. that should have been what fixed any loading issues. But it didn't :s

I think I solved it! 

Taking my AMD card into account, i checked if any ENBoost settings were dependent on Card Brand. At first I had issues using the one provided here as it was crashing my game for some reason, so I used the default instead. Eventually I found out that for AMD cards "DisableDriverMemoryManager" should be set to true.

And it seemed to have done the trick, reducing loading times from ~60 seconds to ~5-10 seconds. 

Thanks for the quick responses! :D Always end up lost in something modding Skyrim with all the parts I have to consider. 

Arghgh! It's happening again! :( And all I did was to remove a mod I was testing to see how the game is different without it.

Checked with the enblocal.ini you sent me, and it actually forces me to crash. I get an error from CrashFix regarding ExpandSystemMemoryX64; apparently is has to be false.

What is interesting is that when it worked (an hour ago), loading Whiterun would take about 8 seconds.

Now that the problem is back, it loads for 8 seconds, the loading mouse cursor shows up on the screen (similar to when a program stops responding) and it takes 40-50 more seconds for the same area to load.

Same mod list as before, different results. :(

Archived