Pitch black shadows

Pacman0188

EVERY TREE in skyrim that i see has a shadow so dark a torch is feeble against its suffocating mass, its ludicrious. even in broad daylight its annoying not being able to see a wolf or saber cat long before its too late because it just so happened to be sitting in a shadow darker than tar dipped into the farthest reaches of black space.

(this problem also stretches into cave entrances and things of the sort)

ive been over several forums, most of which are all related to enbs of which i dont use so they weren't any use... 

ive edited my INI file more times than i can count with no change.

i really dont know where else to go with this, maybe someone else can figure this out? (doesn't mean im going to stop searching)

Imgur: http://imgur.com/gallery/f2Xbi

Lol, I dunno. It's safe to assume you've adjusted the colors with Skyrim's Display Settings in the game menu and also adjusted your monitor's color correction already. So the best suggestion I can come up with is that you really should get an ENB, even just a vanilla looking ENB or perhaps a bright one, which will give you some much needed options listed below:

1. In enbseries.ini under [colorCORRECTION] set GammaCurve= to a lower number. Maybe 0.5 or maybe 0.2. This will decrease the level of foul blackness consuming the cursed heart of your Skyrim. Also set Brightness here higher too if you want (optional).

Optional: This is the EXACT same thing as 1 but you do it in-game. Depending on what ENB you get, the default enb menu can be opened by pressing Shift + Enter. On the bottom left side of the screen, scroll down the parameters until you see Color Correction. Expand this parameter and then click on Gamma - OR - Brightness and HOLD. Move your mouse clockwise or counter-clockwise to see real-time lighting changes. Click Save Changes up at the top right, and then click Apply Changes (may take a few seconds). Close the enb menu by pressing Shift + Enter again.

2. Dark shadow settings can also be adjusted in enbseries.ini under [sKYLIGHTING] by inreasing AmbientMinLevel. This will also show up in your ENB menu in-game.

Toggle your ENB on and off by pressing Shift + F12 by default. Some ENBs like to change their command keys, however, so be aware of this.

Good luck!

Lol, I dunno. It's safe to assume you've adjusted the colors with Skyrim's Display Settings in the game menu and also adjusted your monitor's color correction already. So the best suggestion I can come up with is that you really should get an ENB, even just a vanilla looking ENB or perhaps a bright one, which will give you some much needed options listed below:

1. In enbseries.ini under [colorCORRECTION] set GammaCurve= to a lower number. Maybe 0.5 or maybe 0.2. This will decrease the level of foul blackness consuming the cursed heart of your Skyrim. Also set Brightness here higher too if you want (optional).

Optional: This is the EXACT same thing as 1 but you do it in-game. Depending on what ENB you get, the default enb menu can be opened by pressing Shift + Enter. On the bottom left side of the screen, scroll down the parameters until you see Color Correction. Expand this parameter and then click on Gamma - OR - Brightness and HOLD. Move your mouse clockwise or counter-clockwise to see real-time lighting changes. Click Save Changes up at the top right, and then click Apply Changes (may take a few seconds). Close the enb menu by pressing Shift + Enter again.

2. Dark shadow settings can also be adjusted in enbseries.ini under [sKYLIGHTING] by inreasing AmbientMinLevel. This will also show up in your ENB menu in-game.

Toggle your ENB on and off by pressing Shift + F12 by default. Some ENBs like to change their command keys, however, so be aware of this.

Good luck!

thank you, ill try this.

UPDATE:

installed SoS enb, everything was black. (oh dear god)

adjusted "ambientminlevel" to 1 instead of .1 and every object had a white frame around it.

cant acsess Shift + Enter Enb gui... thats odd.

Adjusting color correction seemed to crash my game.

Good luck!

thank you, ill try this.

UPDATE:

installed SoS enb, everything was black. (oh dear god)

adjusted "ambientminlevel" to 1 instead of .1 and every object had a white frame around it.

cant acsess Shift + Enter Enb gui... thats odd.

Adjusting color correction seemed to crash my game.

Hahah.  I'm at a lost.  What's your load order?  Post it here.  In the meantime, maybe try a different ENB?  Realvision perhaps?  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30936/?

Archived