Can't Interact With Objects Or Talk To NPCs (Cidhna Mine)

well the title says it all. I was doing the 'forsworn conspiracy' quest in markarth and reached the part where you're framed for murder and put in cidhna mine. well after it loads in there, I can't talk to any npcs in the mine, or interact with any objects (like pickaxes) I tried a save in the mine and then reloaded again but it's the same thing so I'm stumped here 

also one last important thing to mention:  I have about a 60 hour playthrough, and have paid fines and been to other jails in riften, windhelm, etc.  whenever the game loaded these events, the npcs would all walk around, stuck in this falling animation (not a t-pose) I was able to talk to them and pick up objects. reloading a save after I paid a fine or served a sentence fixed the falling animation weirdness with the npcs so I ignored the problem and continued my playthrough.  but as I said, it's different with cidhna mine:  no strange falling animation, but I can't interact with the npcs, which means I'm stuck in the mine. reloading does not work. I cant for life of me figure out what mod could be doing this.  I tried regenerating FNIS, but really everything else is okay with the game.  this jail thing is the only hiccup I have.  

does anyone else have a similar problem? I have a lot of mods from both nexus and loverslab and I have them getting along nice with each other. not using the prison overhaul though, or (to my knowledge) any other mod that messes around with those scripts. thanks for any help

EDIT: well I sort of fixed cidhna mine by typing 'EPC' in the console. I was able to talk with people again. there has to be a script from a mod i'm using that is turning off player controls. still I can't figure out why the npcs get stuck and float around after paying fines and going to jail.  I can fast travel and they don't have that problem.   

loadorder.txt

Sounds like your save game is in desperate need of a purge from bloated scripts. If you've been installing mods a lot like you said then the odds are you've also been uninstalling a lot of mods too. It's only natural. If you've never cleaned your plugins with TESVEdit - AND - cleaned your saves with Save Game Script Cleaner, crazy things like this will happen. Before I cleaned my Skyrim I was getting bandits who were invincible and I cannot hurt or touch or talk to them. I also got characters falling through the floor. So try it for sure.

I use the skyrim save/script cleaners and yeah, there's all of these script instances that need fixed just by playing after a while. I've made the mistake in the past of uninstalling scripted mods during a playthrough, but I'm being extra careful this time. though, I am kinda pushing my luck with the amount of scripted mods...  I've found that there are definitely limits to how many can be installed without just tons of crashing after a while :/  

but back to this problem with paying fines and being jailed.  It has to be one of the mods in my load order causing some kind of script problem(probably one of the newer mods that haven't had bug reports yet)  OR maybe I have too much hdt havoc going on and it's upset with cidhna mine for some reason. possibly because my avatar gets equipped with a havoc object when she doesn't need one.  turns out after I get put there, not only do I lose controls, but all of the npcs just walk in place or float around like they do after I pay a fine. so I typed the enable control command, and then typed TCL for collision (off then on) and everybody started walking around again. really weird 

I use the skyrim save/script cleaners and yeah, there's all of these script instances that need fixed just by playing after a while. I've made the mistake in the past of uninstalling scripted mods during a playthrough, but I'm being extra careful this time. though, I am kinda pushing my luck with the amount of scripted mods... I've found that there are definitely limits to how many can be installed without just tons of crashing after a while :/

but back to this problem with paying fines and being jailed. It has to be one of the mods in my load order causing some kind of script problem(probably one of the newer mods that haven't had bug reports yet) OR maybe I have too much hdt havoc going on and it's upset with cidhna mine for some reason. possibly because my avatar gets equipped with a havoc object when she doesn't need one. turns out after I get put there, not only do I lose controls, but all of the npcs just walk in place or float around like they do after I pay a fine. so I typed the enable control command, and then typed TCL for collision (off then on) and everybody started walking around again. really weird

After spending almost 2,000 (yes, thousand) hours on one game I finally decided to start over and play Requiem because I took it for a test drive and it was so fun. I didn't even get to the Dragon born DLC yet... never have.

All, I'm saying is that starting over is not so bad. Especially since Skyrim now looks and feels like a totally different game.

I can admit that after 5 years of playing skyrim, I haven't reached solstheim and played the dragonborn dlc. I'm really trying to keep this 60+ hour playthrough from falling apart so I can finally finish everything and feel some closure.  skse64 is gonna be out soon if i'm not mistaken, so it's only a matter of time before I quit 32 bit skyrim altogether and play special edition for the first time.  it will be great since (most) mods I have on 32bit are already carried over to 64 and stable.  I also won't spend countless hours figuring out problems and texture conflicts like I did when first started modding oldrim years ago

Archived