Skyrim and RAM cap

AuronXCZE

So, i just installed all mods i wanted, enb, TONS of 4k mods and 4k/2k parallax mods, pretty much game looks epic and im stable at 45-60Ish FPS with Verdant grass mod.

Now to the question, im running a Asus ROG Strix RX 480 8G so i think in terms of GPU i should be fine, my cpu is a i5 4460 3.2Ghz its not great but should suffice, but i have 8GB of DDR3 1330-ish Mhz RAM and when i leave a log running im pretty much hitting the cap on that ram, now i want to know, should i upgrade the RAM or kill some mods, i never thought that Oldrim would cap my RAM at all.

Old Skyrim is a 32bit program. These are technically restricted to 4GB of Ram (32 bit just can't adress more than that). ENB allowed to swap some Ram usage to the video card (I have no clue how this can work in the first place) and only if using Windows<10. I would say: Strip down some mods until Skyrim Special Edition get's full SKSE/SkyUI and LoversLab support. Special Edition is a 64 bit program, which is "restricted" to RAM, somewhere far beyond any normal motherboard can handle.

Old Skyrim is a 32bit program. These are technically restricted to 4GB of Ram (32 bit just can't adress more than that). ENB allowed to swap some Ram usage to the video card (I have no clue how this can work in the first place) and only if using Windows<10. I would say: Strip down some mods until Skyrim Special Edition get's full SKSE/SkyUI and LoversLab support. Special Edition is a 64 bit program, which is "restricted" to RAM, somewhere far beyond any normal motherboard can handle.

Yeah i know, thats why i am asking, since Oldrim is 32bit how the hell can i cap on my RAM while playing, and also, it shows in resource monitor that Oldrim is really accessing 6Gb-is of actual ram, not the vram on my HDD...

Anyway this was more of a question then asking for help, since its so wierd.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i know, thats why i am asking, since Oldrim is 32bit how the hell can i cap on my RAM while playing, and also, it shows in resource monitor that Oldrim is really accessing 6Gb-is of actual ram, not the vram on my HDD...

Thanks for the reply

Just to nitpick a bit "vram" usually means video-ram (as in on the graphics-card), not virtual-ram (on the hdd).

Thanks for the reply

Just to nitpick a bit "vram" usually means video-ram (as in on the graphics-card), not virtual-ram (on the hdd).

Yeah, sorry i was tired, so i wrote HDD not GPU....sorry

Archived