Dancing Mod

I finally figured out how to use the mod. I just have the problem of some of the dances not stopping. No big deal, just means that I have to use a save game dedicated just for the dancing. But now I want to know how to clone the player instead of using 1 player and the rest are NPC's.

I have already explored the use of installing the online mod and using my other computer to log in other toons. But is there an easier alternative that I can explore.

To make a clone of yourself...

Open the console (~) click your own character, so you see your name at the top of the screen) then type "CreateFullActorCopy" (w/o quote marks). He/she should appear behind you. Doing this several times WILL make your game slow to a crawl! But 2-3 should be OK.

Gah, ninja'd again while typing a reply because of my tendency for wall-posting. Here's the long/in-depth version of a 'cloning tutorial':

Go into third-person view, bring up the console with the '~' (Tilde) key and click on your player character. Type createfullactorcopy and hit the enter/return key. This will create a perfect clone of your character with identical stats, attributes and equipment.

One known quirk of the command: If you have any lighting equipment in your inventory - torches, lamps, illumination crystals, the Warlock Torch from 'Lost Spires' - your clone will have that equipped. Simply get rid of these items before cloning 'yourself'.

Another weird effect: If you use 'Mad Companionship Spells' to access and manipulate the clone's equipment, after leaving the inventory screen the copied character will automatically have all the gear he/she considers 'best' equipped - effectively destroying the purpose of an identical clone, as well as looking very retarded in most cases, a wild mix of armor pieces no player would combine in his/her right mind.

A possible workaround would be putting everything besides your desired equipment into a container nearby before using the console command so the clone has only this stuff in his/her inventory, just like dropping torches before the cloning. If there's no container in your vicinity, just use another NPC or even an enemy (or an enemy's corpse) to story your gear in that character's inventory.

You can use the command repeatedly for multiple clones, every new copy gets assigned a new form ID. To get rid of a clone once you're done, click on the character, open the console, use the command deletefullactorcopy and confirm with the return key.

A good way to make money if you need it - rob the clone's Septims before deletion :D!

Attacking or even killing a clone will cause weirdness. The copied character naturally is member of all the guilds you are in, so technically you are assaulting a fellow guild member. But since you intend to use clones for dancing, you wouldn't hit yourself...

Archived